Carbs to Insulin !!

caitycakes

Hi Sofaraway,

I am subscribing to the low carb school of thought and it seems to be going great, I must admit, I like the idea of a more flexible regime, but if I am honest, the reason I haven't insisted on basal/bolus, is that I'm not 100% certain of my willpower (i.e much more flexible eating could mean much more flexible cheating!!!!). When the DSN said the change-over would be tricky, I just took her word for it and sort of used it as an excuse to not make a definite decision. Also the thought of being resposible for two lots of insulin doses is really scary. I've sort of thought that I would get Christmas over with, then book some holiday-time off work and go for the basal/bolus routine.

Caitycakes x

sofaraway

I get you on the more flexibility gives you more chance to over indulge. I found that when i first started using insulin I could actually eat a significant amount of carbs and still have good blood sugars. I have high low and moderate carb days (today i had 150g for lunch :evil: )

I think if you what you are doing at the moment is working then you don't have to change it, but If you decide that you would like to then don't be put off by your DSN saying it will be too hard.