Cateracts!

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe, the op has given you powers of a psychic???
And you can see the auras, that envelop people?????

Hope you feel better tomorrow.
I love that explanation @Lamont D, I'm running with that lol. It's like my own aurora borealis, but only lilac in colour! And, of course, the Inuit believe aurora borealis to be the souls of the dead. Yup

• Friendly
Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I love that explanation @Lamont D, I'm running with that lol. It's like my own aurora borealis, but only lilac in colour! And, of course, the Inuit believe aurora borealis to be the souls of the dead. Yup
A severe migraine gives me quite a decent light show, but it is like pixel lighted.
I like the Inuit reasoning. @Melgar

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A severe migraine gives me quite a decent light show, but it is like pixel lighted.
I like the Inuit reasoning. @Melgar
I don't envy you your migraines. Those are nasty. I have Fuchs Corneal Endothelial Dystrophy so I have light shows because of that eye disease, but these light disturbances are dramatic. I will sit back and enjoy them !

• Optimistic
Reactions: Lamont D

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with bilateral posterior subcapsular cataracts. I was told that the condition had quite possibly impaired my vision from an early age (9 years of age is not uncommon) which may explain why at school, aged 9, I had to move to the front of the class, because I could no longer read the blackboard from the back of the classroom, even when wearing prescription specs.

Posterior subcapsular cataracts are technically more challenging to treat than the more common, age-related nuclear cataracts due to the increased risk of capsule rupture during surgical removal.

In 2014, I went ahead with surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital and have never regretted the decision. My right dominant eye was treated first, followed by the left eye 2 months later. The operations were quick and painless and changed my life. Contact lenses and spectacles were no longer needed and, for the first time in my life, I had sharp distance vision.

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That was obviously a great decision with a fantastic outcome. It takes a certain degree of courage to go ahead with surgery when it's your eyes. I was nervous with my straightforward cataract surgery. In fact they offered me a sedative, which I gratefully took. I have warn specs for a longtime. It will feel strange not wearing them.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had my first cataract surgery yesterday. So the day after surgery what do you see? I know it gets worse before it gets better, and it seems that people's vision is very blurry. My question is this, do you get a veritable light show. I'll describe it. All light sources have halos, when I say halos, they look like the corona you get around the sun when it is fully eclipsed by the moon. Very bright and dominating. Plus I have multiple rainbows off any thing shiny. I'm just wondering how much is due to the cataract surgery and how much is down to my Fuchs disease.

The Fuchs does give me light shows in my vision, but not this dramatic. Thanks Mel
How are you today @Melgar?

• Friendly
Reactions: Antje77 and Melgar

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are you today @Melgar?
Thank you for asking @Hopeful34. My left eye is doing great. The vivid halos have subsided a bit, so that's good news. My Fuchs disease makes it difficult to differentiate between the effects of the cataract surgery and what is down to the Fuchs. Either way I can see out of that eye without glasses. I took the left lens out of my specs so it didn't feel so weird. I will just need reading glasses which is amazing. I have to wear sunglasses in bright light because of light sensitivity and I wear yellow lenses to help with the halos during the night. I put three lost of eye drops in my eye 4 x a day, plus the drops for my Fuchs, my eye is awash with fluids! The other eye gets done in June. I know what to expect now so it's not as nerve racking.