Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Yesterday:

B: Two poached eggs smothered with butter and avocado seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of goat's milk Gouda.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Wild Alaskan salmon baked with calabrese broccoli, chestnut mushrooms, double cream and lemon verbena.
Steamed French beans and mangetout topped with a knob of butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D Seafood salad using tiger prawns, brown shrimps, rocket, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, cucumber, Halkidiki olives and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with flat-leaf parsley and pecans
Water to wash down tablets.

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why do you believe carbs are needed? @MrPeaky
Because that quick carb boost mid gym session gives me more oomph than having a steak, also a lot easier to have some yoghurt and a some tiny spring rolls than sit on the gym floor eating a steak.
More a convenience thing I guess, but 4 hour sessions always earn a little luxury no....lol

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Because that quick carb boost mid gym session gives me more oomph than having a steak, also a lot easier to have some yoghurt and a some tiny spring rolls than sit on the gym floor eating a steak.
More a convenience thing I guess, but 4 hour sessions always earn a little luxury no....lol
Thank you for your reply @MrPeaky. If you can handle the extra carbohydrates (I couldn't), then why not?

We're all different. I enjoy my food, I really do. I have three square meals a day at roughly the same times, but avoid snacks between meals.

Reactions: cdpm

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
2 cups canned vege soup
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup extra smooth ricotta cheese mixed in

Reactions: LivingLightly

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 cups canned vege soup
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup extra smooth ricotta cheese mixed in
Hi @cdpm. Sorry to be slow to respond. I lost my web connection.
That combination sounds tasty and ticks all the right boxes for you!

stfluffybrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Meter reading this morning................................5.5
Breakfast = 2 slices of toast with marg and jam followed by a 2 1/2 mile walk
meter reading 2 hrs on........................................5.2
Dinner = 2 x quarter pounder burgers, 3 x large bratwurst sausages, portion of shredded lettuce and a dollop of greek yoghurt followed by 1/2 hour on treadmill and a walk to town and back (3 miles)
meter reading 2hrs on..........................................5.4
Tea will be pasta with cheese sauce and bacon sprinkled on top.
I need help. With all those carbs how please? Your morning is brilliant too. I would be so happy with your diet xx Could you please give me some advice? I cannot exercise due to breathlessness.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need help. With all those carbs how please? Your morning is brilliant too. I would be so happy with your diet xx Could you please give me some advice? I cannot exercise due to breathlessness.
Hello @stfluffybrain and welcome to this thread for type 2 foodies. We're pleased you could join us.

Your profile doesn't tell us whether you're treated with medication or diet alone. Might be helpful to know, if you would like dietary advice from members.

Once again, welcome.

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your reply @MrPeaky. If you can handle the extra carbohydrates (I couldn't), then why not?

We're all different. I enjoy my food, I really do. I have three square meals a day at roughly the same times, but avoid snacks between meals.
I can eat a rather large amount of carbs in all honesty and not see much fluctuation in my readings, but will run in the 6.0-6.8 range for a few hours before dropping down into my below 5.8 happy place.

I have been active all my life, and my T2 came during a long lay up where I was effectively stuck on a sofa or a bed for 6 months more or less after putting on 40KG in a year for competition.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning @ststuffybrain. It looks as though you've replied to a forum member who hasn't been seen here for some years, so I doubt he'll reply,

Unfortunately, jam is mostly sugar, so isn't a good choice for those of us coping with type 2 diabetes, especially at breakfast when many of us are at our most insulin resistant.

A couple of eggs, cooked any way you like them, with bacon (if you eat meat) and some vegetables (say mushrooms and a tomato perhaps or an avocado}, makes a great start to the day.

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre Workout
30g Nuts (2.2C)
1 Rice Cracker with PB (8 c)
1 Pepprami
2 1/4 Patties
300G Lamb
Salad
225 G yoghurt (20 c)
Mixed Berries 100g (12 C)

Total Carbs = 42.2

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pre Workout
30g Nuts (2.2C)
1 Rice Cracker with PB (8 c)
1 Pepprami
2 1/4 Patties
300G Lamb
Salad
225 G yoghurt (20 c)
Mixed Berries 100g (12 C)

Total Carbs = 42.2
Well done @ MrPeaky. Looks as though you've put together a well-balanced menu.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Yesterday:

B: Two poached eggs topped with butter, avocado and four tiger prawns seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Courgetti alla puttanesca made with anchovies, Kalamata olives, capers, canned tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, butter, parsley and spiralised courgettes.
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Steamed asparagus spears topped with a knob of butter.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps and mussels, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Halkidiki olives and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with pecan halves.
Water to swallow tablets.

Reactions: MrPeaky

stfluffybrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning @ststuffybrain. It looks as though you've replied to a forum member who hasn't been seen here for some years, so I doubt he'll reply,

Unfortunately, jam is mostly sugar, so isn't a good choice for those of us coping with type 2 diabetes, especially at breakfast when many of us are at our most insulin resistant.

A couple of eggs, cooked any way you like them, with bacon (if you eat meat) and some vegetables (say mushrooms and a tomato perhaps or an avocado}, makes a great start to the day.
Ah thanks, I [thought for a while he had some secret that made his glucose stay low after eating all stuff I cannot eat :)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah thanks, I [thought for a while he had some secret that made his glucose stay low after eating all stuff I cannot eat :)
If only! @stfluffybrain.

I really enjoy food, it must be said, and seldom feel the need to deviate from my LCHF lifestyle these days, but then I've had more than 20 years practice.

I'm a firm believer that even eating habits of a lifetime can be modified or replaced for good, if there's a desire to succeed. Admittedly, this may take some time. It helps to focus on the many delicious foods we can safely eat and not dwell too much on those that we really shouldn't have.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
2 cans of strawberry ensure
Liquid from 2 cans of chili ( didn't eat the beans)

Going to need to go with just liquids. Somehow the no teeth allows other parts in my mouth to be slightly roughed up. My lips inside and gums and mouth roof.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 cans of strawberry ensure
Liquid from 2 cans of chili ( didn't eat the beans)

Going to need to go with just liquids. Somehow the no teeth allows other parts in my mouth to be slightly roughed up. My lips inside and gums and mouth roof.
Hi @cdpm. Yes, it certainly sounds as though soups, broths and stews are the way to go until your mouth has recovered and you're back on track.

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday Cheat Meal Day (Best / Worst day of the week!)

6 Scrambled Eggs
2 Rice Crackers with PB (16g)

1 Pepprami
Donner Meat and Pepperoni Calzone With Chilli and Garlic Sauce (200)

216 Total Carbs