Cattle guards !

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
998F351B-1855-4925-88E4-6758648CD3DD.jpeg

You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet.

For those of you who don't know , cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, Prime Minister Trudeau, received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba . The ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Minister of the Agriculture to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately!

Before the Ministers of Agriculture could respond and presumably try to straighten Prime Minister Trudeau out on the matter, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland intervene with a request that...before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining. 'Times are hard,' said Chrystia Freeland it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families be given six months of retraining! '

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe that's why here in UK we call them cattle grids. :)

D

Deleted member 308541

Maybe that's why here in UK we call them cattle grids. :)
Same here in Australia, handy thing to have when you are driving out bush they wake you up a bit when you drive over one...

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is the USA they have plenty of those style cattle guards but they also paint them on some roads... I'm told that the paint fools the cattle and they won't cross them.

Little Bird

Well I too have difficulty walking over them when I'm soused, perhaps that's why my husband sometimes tells me I'm a stupid old cow! :)