change in diet

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
This is all new to me too, but I'm trying to follow the LCHF diet and do more exercise in the hope of losing weight and lowering my blood sugar.
Meter, test strips and Carbs & Cals all on order.
I have to say that after 2 weeks of the new regime (even if I'm not doing it 100% right, I do feel better. More energy and less bloated, and I'm losing the joint pain too!

Reactions: 2 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
Hi,
This is all new to me too, but I'm trying to follow the LCHF diet and do more exercise in the hope of losing weight and lowering my blood sugar.
Meter, test strips and Carbs & Cals all on order.
I have to say that after 2 weeks of the new regime (even if I'm not doing it 100% right, I do feel better. More energy and less bloated, and I'm losing the joint pain too!
Yes iv deffinatly found joint pain has improved

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Yes iv deffinatly found joint pain has improved
Hello amanda19640, you are doing ok, may i reccomend jeny rhul's diet 101, i've lost 61 lbs following lchf regime and my bs's now averaging 4.5mmols.never been so fit( i'm a coach driver ,and was fat and sluggish,now thats all changed thanks to the good advice and encouragement from the posters here,so all the best and feel free to ask as many q's as you like

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can anyone tell me, I'm still a newer so nos are still averaging 7-8 in the morning, having a day out tomorrow food and drink, shall I eat more carbs or will my levels not drop too low on my lc meals at the moment? Hope that makes sense!

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Can anyone tell me, I'm still a newer so nos are still averaging 7-8 in the morning, having a day out tomorrow food and drink, shall I eat more carbs or will my levels not drop too low on my lc meals at the moment? Hope that makes sense!
Hi amanda198239, sorry about the delay, if you are lchf and don't eat potato,flour,pasta,or root veg in general,as these tend to push up our bs's too much, but also beware that eating too much protein can also do the same,i myself measured my weight height etc,to find my bmi and see how many cals i should be eating per day,so it's recommended we use a ratio of proteins fats and carbs, i personally get on eating 10% carbs,40% protein,50% good)fats, by following this regime i have gotten my bs well under control now,and my weight is down from 17st 8 lbs to todays 13st 2 lbs.hope this helps,any q's feel free

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi amanda198239, sorry about the delay, if you are lchf and don't eat potato,flour,pasta,or root veg in general,as these tend to push up our bs's too much, but also beware that eating too much protein can also do the same,i myself measured my weight height etc,to find my bmi and see how many cals i should be eating per day,so it's recommended we use a ratio of proteins fats and carbs, i personally get on eating 10% carbs,40% protein,50% good)fats, by following this regime i have gotten my bs well under control now,and my weight is down from 17st 8 lbs to todays 13st 2 lbs.hope this helps,any q's feel free
Hi have managed to get min down to between 5 & 6 most days now not really counting how many carbs in eating but prob very little, but weight coming off and feel really well