Claim to fame.....................what is yours?

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My claim to fame is that I appeared on Emmerdale in 2009 as a double for Eddy Fox (Paul Darrow). He came onto Emmerdale looking for his long lost biking buddy "Tank Turner" and tried to persuade him to go on a world tour with him. Unfortunately for Paul he couldn't ride the trike so I was asked if I wanted to do it. Hell Yeh, course I did. So for the next 9 weeks I was there dressed up like paul in similar gear and taking over when there was some riding to do. Below is a youtube clip from the first day when Eddy Fox rolls into Emmerdale looking for Allan Turner. The trike and trailer are both mine and it is me that's riding it in. You will need to click on the video time bar at the bottom until you get to 3.45.

The photos below are of the trike, a photo of me (on the left) Eddy fox (centre) and Allan Turner (sat down on the right). The final photo is the trike outside the post office on the main street. Enjoy...................

Capture.JPG
Capture 3.JPG

20141213_221225.jpg
20141213_221245.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's some more photos I've found...................

Emmerdale set with trike 2.jpg

Pete's trike being unloaded on Emmerdale 2.jpg

Petes trike outside Dingles garage 2.jpg
Petes trike.jpg

There's really no need to bow or curtsy in front of me or call me sir. Just a simple kiss of the hands and feet will suffice. king smiley.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I swore on Going Live when Sarah Green was on the other end of the phone.... :eek:

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Can't exactly say I was in the shoot but I was there at work skiving off watching a filmcrew making a documentary about the Chinese Geese who guarded the bonded whisky warehouses, they were vicious little critters but after a while they recognised you and were quite placid. Other than that I'm fameless not like you with your potential BAFTA nomination lol.

C

chris lowe

I've babysat for Shirley Bassey's great nephew. My sister in laws' auntie was married to SB's brother Henry and their daughter and family were staying with my brother and they wanted a night out so I said I'd do it. He was a bit of a cutie but wouldn't go to bed until I told him I was coming up at 9 o'clock to check if he was asleep. 9.05 I hear " IT'S NINE O'CLOCK - ARE YOU COMING UP TO SEE ME ASLEEP"

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm mentioned several times in a book about a band called British Sea Power. And my dad's cousin was the guitar player in the Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Over 50 years ago I faced Frank Tyson, the former English test cricket fast bowler in the practice nets. He was using a shortened eight step run up, I didnt actually see the ball, but till today, I can hear the "fizz" as the balled hurtled by me. [ True story ]

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Paul Williams (US songwriter) was stranded in a domestic (OZ) airline strike. I rejigged the entire network airline schedule to get him to his concert.

He never forgot it :) Great person too.

Also ran on the torch relay for the Sydney 2000 Olympics. Had major offers to sell the torch but never will. Met Chris Cross, Joe Cocker, Moody Blues, Richard Harris, Hall and Oates, John Denver :)

Reactions: 8 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Over 50 years ago I faced Frank Tyson, the former English test cricket fast bowler in the practice nets. He was using a shortened eight step run up, I didnt actually see the ball, but till today, I can hear the "fizz" as the balled hurtled by me. [ True story ]
Had something similar myself. Chris Cairns was warming up in the nets and I happened to be batting. Somehow got a bat on the first ball he bowled (off a full run in) without seeing it. Next ball splattered my stumps. Then I left the net....

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
I was on stage at Butlins does that count.

Reactions: 10 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I used to know UB40, and The Beat, who split up and later became the Fine Young Cannibals. They asked if I could sing, they were looking for a lead singer before finding Roland, I said no I couldn't go on stage and sing, too shy.
Seems like Donkeys years ago now :hilarious:
I was interviewed by Jason Farrell on Sky last year, about what happened to me at Poole Hospital and the subsequent fraud and cover up by my lawyer too.
Not exactly claims to fame though :hilarious:

UB40 :wideyed: you met UB40, wow, I am very envious now, (The beat) also FYC.:D An ex partner liked FYC and he put a tape toigether for me and the title that he wrote on the tape that he chose for me was 'She drives me crazy' lol, but hoped it was in a good way :p :)

RRB

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I not to sure if this is claim to fame, but true. Went to a barbecue at a small old converted railway station near Silverstone, and being Scottish I bought some sainsbury's economy sausages to take along. One of the guest was Richard Branson and yes he ate one of my economy sausages.
( also the toilet door still had the old penny entry box attached for show, and Richard Branson did use his sense of humor and asked if any one had a penny.) those were the day's.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For six years I was PA to Ian Anderson, lead singer with Jethro Tull. Loved every minute of it, too.