Type 2 Constipation

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
I've been on co- codemol tablets for severe hip pain known to cause constipation, just had a scary hypo with worse constipation ever, seems to me the two are related. I'm wondering what others might use for constipation?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes get constipation I’m on metformin only but I have diverticula disease so I like to go everyday to avoid diverticulitis, my GP said if I don’t go for 2 days to take Sennacot (sp?) I’m fine with that and it’s very gentle, I take it before bed and usually go the next morning

Grandadfatboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
arrogant, abusive, greedy people
I was on high dose opioids for a very long time, but they caused chronic constipation. It got to the point where I'd sooner be in pain than constipated, so I stopped my pain medication altogether.

I had my GP and my hospital consultant telling me I needed to be back on my pain killers. In the end they agreed to refer me to my local hospice, as they provide care to patients with life long conditions, as well as end of life care.

They started me off with Senakot and Laxido as they slowly reintroduced my pain medication. As the pain medication increased, so did the Senakot and Laxido. As the pain medication increased they introduced a new drug called Naloxegol.

From the reintroduction of my pain meds and constipation remedies I have not have a single episode of constipation. All it takes is a team that truly understand how to keep patients well and comfortable, no matter what medication and medical problems they have.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used vitamin C powder in a glass of water (you have to stir it well) when I was on pills that stopped my guts working. Start with the tip of a teaspoon first, otherwise you won't be doing much else than galloping to the facilities! It's about as safe as you can get.

• Funny
Reactions: Lainie71