Dawn Phenomen - RAW Apple Cider Vinegar

L1ncslass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Background - Diagnosed T2 Oct 17 put on 4x SR Metformin FOR LIFE [according to Practice Nurse] I only ever took one a day, and switched to LCHF and then introduced 18:6 fasting, my HbA1c BG results below in my signature. Jan 18 Dr OK'd me stopping the Metformin, I had 28 tablets left so took 14 more then stopped.
My morning BG due to the DP has never been low though over the 20 weeks got it down from 10-12 to around 7-8, though one week after stopping Metformin it was more 7.5-8.5. So I decided to give Apple Cider Vinegar ACV another go! I say another I tool AVC tablets and didn't think they did much.
SO four days ago I started drinking 2 desert spoons RAW AVC a couple of slices of lemon and soda or fizzy water OMG, my morning BG's for past two days have been 6.3 and 6.5, past 3 days I have AVC, lemon slices, a tsp of sole water 1/4 tsp of Lo-salt to. My AVG daily BG today is 4.88 never hit under 5 before and I'm wondering if I might need to eat something before bed tonight!!

Get RAW unfiltered Apple cider vinegar with 'The Mother' give it ago if you have DP it might just help you too!!

D

Deleted member 308541

I gave it a try, but my GP told me stop taking it as it has / can cause a side effect with my one of my heart tablets Digoxin of which I now take three in the morning. At the time (Jan 2017) I was taking five Digoxin tablets in the morning.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My AVG daily BG today is 4.88 never hit under 5 before and I'm wondering if I might need to eat something before bed tonight!

Congratulations on your progress. Eating before bed may well raise your FBG again. As an unmedicated type 2, you’re not in danger of a hypo.

I bought some of the apple cider vinegar you mention, originally to try and reduce the sweetness of tomato based bolognese sauce (didn’t work) but have never summoned up the courage to drink it!

Reactions: L1ncslass

L1ncslass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
) but have never summoned up the courage to drink it!

Never had I , but was fed up of the DP and the suggestion of drinking it with soda or sparkling water was a bit like 'cider' adjust to to your own taste, thought I'd give it ago. It's not as bad as I thought it would be and wondering if a bit of ginger might give it a bit of 'fire'

Reactions: lindijanice

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
SO four days ago I started drinking 2 desert spoons RAW AVC a couple of slices of lemon and soda or !!

Sounds like you’ve had amazing results. I’d like to try it too. When and how many times a day do you drink it?

L1ncslass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sounds like you’ve had amazing results. I’d like to try it too. When and how many times a day do you drink it?

I drink one glass pint [in the morning 3rd day] this one I add sole water and lo salt [electrolytes] and one glass in the evening [4th night] just ACV, lemon slices and Soda/sparkling water.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink one glass pint [in the morning 3rd day] this one I add sole water and lo salt [electrolytes] and one glass in the evening [4th night] just ACV, lemon slices and Soda/sparkling water.

Thanks, I’m going to give it a go - my fbg are frustratingly high most of the time

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I have raw ACV everyday before a meal. In another thread a few weeks ago someone mentioned about the acidity, so I quickly chase this down with water.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have raw ACV everyday before a meal. In another thread a few weeks ago someone mentioned about the acidity, so I quickly chase this down with water.

Have you found it’s influenced your bg too?

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So what is the science here? Why does consuming acid reduce fasting blood glucose?

L1ncslass

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried this a while back until I went to the dentist and he demanded to know what on earth I had done to my teeth!! The ACV had started to dissolve the enamel and made my teeth look shiny!!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried this a while back until I went to the dentist and he demanded to know what on earth I had done to my teeth!! The ACV had started to dissolve the enamel and made my teeth look shiny!!!

Oh no! I have sensitive teeth as it is. Did you drink it neat or diluted?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I was at a nutritionalist today who warned just the same, so I am going to dilute and rinse mouth out also.

BB8.HG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe drinking it diluted through a straw followed by rinsing could help to mitigate the dental issues to some degree.

Reactions: Serena51