Diabetes should never be an excuse

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow and wow! What a great piece - an inspiring read!

I had ALWAYS let my diabetes hold me back. From a lot of stuff, actually - career, family planning, yes, and exercise.

I woke up one day and thought NOW* I'm going to get fit. So I did. Lot and lots of trial and error to get the confidence in my micromanaged diabetes to actually get started. Mostly error.

Then I got my pump.

Then I started running! And I LOVE it. I'm not fast, nor even steady, but I've been enjoying it.

On Sunday I'm running the BM10k in celebration of the running freedom I am getting from my insulin pump. People have been so supportive and have really got behind me. Erm I have got a slightly knackered foot, so probably I'm going to be behind them, but still......

I WISH I had had the courage to get out there before and just GO FOR stuff.
What a WASTE!

So thank you @Type1Bri and @brighty14 . You're inspiring me anew, and letting me know that I CAN.

Love Snapsy
:)

*yup, I gather that can happen when a girl turns 40........... ;)

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
Totally agree @Type1Bri. I've done Insanity, Insanity Max 30, P90X, P90X3, Body Beast and The Ultimate Yogi.

There's no need for Diabetes to hold you back. It's just a blood sugar condition. Monitor wisely and you're good to tackle anything.

p.s. very high-intensity exercises I mentioned can really lower your blood sugars, so use sense and keep monitoring. In fact, it's often better to have slightly higher bloods just before high-intensity exercising.

Reactions: gvintagedrken

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its not really about holding you back, its whether or not your willing to put the extra effort in to manage BG during such activity....

I for the most part aint willing.....;)....

soon hopefully....

Reactions: gvintagedrken