diabetes symptoms

alunke82

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
i have alot of symptoms from diabetes but normal test 6,8 mmol
a few of them are tingling feets feeling ill but normal temp or low temp in the morning 36,2
it all started with stomach pain then i got very uncomfortable when eating and spasm under left rib and burning and burning on back pain killers couldent take the pain i know the pancreas are located in there but normal test and i got a ct scan of it
if i eat is it normal if i check my blood sugar before eating i maybe got a blood sugar of 5,8 and then 1,5-2 hours later it goes down isent it supposed to be highest after that time?i cant tolerate much fat anymore i get even more fog head but if i eat a apple i dont get worse

sry my english

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
in my point of view 6.8 is in the diabetic range, but low temperature in the morning and if feeling exhausted , there is a risk of being hypothyriod, that is having too low a metabolism which also can cause a slight raise in blood glucose and make it very hard for people to loose weight, but that is a doctors job to find out..

if ones insuline works like it should , it will always try to counter-act the raise in blood glucose, when it is getting too high, so lower blood glucose can be a very normal reaction to eating something that raises ones blood glucose very much, so nothing unnormal in that...
if you want to know for sure if you are not diabetic or if you are diabetic, you should go to your doctor and get a HbA1c blood test, which finds out what your average blood glucose has been the last 3 month, that is often a very sure way to find out if one is diabetic or not...or maybe pre-diabetic, where one also has to take lowering of carbs very serious..

wish you all the best of luck with your Health but do go to the doctor to get a proper diagnosis instead of just guessing here... we can never give you a diagnosis, that is not anyones job in here , and would also be iresponsible of any of us..

alunke82

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
ty for help i have been checked for alot and some test for thyroid but all doctors only whant to give you tsh and one antibody test so i payed one private doctor to take samples but he only took free t3 and tsh.free t3 was on 6,8 highest it may get and tsh have been up and down but normal range and antibody only 12 but some ppl say you can have problems still if blood test are in normal range but at the high end but find a doctor who will help listen to problems in denmark is impossible they think they can cure you with talk:)
we have allways belived it was thyroid becouse my dad have it he is on eltroxin hes mom and grandmom had it but not easy when you dont get all test and those are taken are normal

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @alunke82 That stomach pain doesn't sound very nice. Coukd it be related to your digestive system?

Regarding blood sugar after eating, it's supposed to go back down by two hours - which is what yours is doing by the sound of it.

MAMA2X

Don't leave it. I had similar for years it would come and go and I never knew why or what caused it. Went to the GP a few times but never when in total pain and they never seemed to know what caused the pain. Then one day I got an attack in work, rushed to hospital diagnosed with pancrititis, I thought I was going to die the pain was so bad. The week after that I ended up having gall bladder out to because they also found gallstones at the same time.

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
When it comes to normal blood sugar values I have to strongly disagree with freema, 6.8 mmol are not even close to diabetic range. Normal blood sugar for a non diabetic are 4-7.8 mmol, and can even rise to 11.1 mmol without being diabetic.

Also it is normal that blood sugar are down to 5-6 mmol 2 hours after eating. Highest peak are normally 30-60 min after eating, and does not exceed 11.2 mmol unless your diabetic. So as long as your blood sugar aren't a double digit there's nothing to freak out for.

Sounds more like your symptoms are related to a digestive problem. If you had diabetes you would also be very thirsty and urinate alot. So it is very unlikely that you are diabetic as some of the main symtoms are missing and since you seem to have good blood sugar values.

alunke82

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
ty all for help i am most ill morning feel like i have the flu and fever the first 3-5 hours and those symptoms i wrote was only a few of them emile
i have dry mouth,itchy legs,sometimes foot pain,and burning feets,pee alot,but maybe becouse i drink water and coffee some days are worse then others feel like bad blood flow to my head when i stand up in the morning i can get hot body skin and hot inside head none of those things are fun but the worst thing is my head cant remember what it feels like to be not ill it started for about 13 mounth ago and more things have come gradually