Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Sorry to butt in on you ladies, but I just had to check on the Florentines from Lidl.
And I found this :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodandd...dl-10-best-products-to-buy.html?frame=3337938

Not bad. I particularly like the red wine. X

Thank you for that @Speedbird I'm going to another Lidl today (on a high protein roll purchasing mission) and I think I'll get some of the buffalo mozzarella shown on that Telegraph list and we're having a Spanish tapas dinner (Mr C is cooking) so I think I might get a bottle of that Rioja.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's another beautiful day here so getting on with some washing while puzzling over the morning figures. Wish I'd had a Libre sensor on this morning. Bed on 7 up to 8.5 and pre brunch 7.4. Complete opposite to normal. What was different ?
Clocks changed
It's Sunday so have a lie in
No rushing about
Later in bed was watching film
Saw a simple diet doctor roast chicken. Just the 2 of us tonight so going for simple roast chicken Supremes and probably won't bother with the wine. Enjoying not having to prep full scale dinner. Forgot to weigh myself so it will have to wait until tomorrow (probably the surprise of the BG going backwards rather than its usual upward trend)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
1490534662083.jpg
Who? Me???? :angelic:

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blimey - that picture turned out a bit big! I'll try to make it smaller. :)

We completed our Lidl Protein Roll mission - clearing two whole baskets of them - 4 dozen!! We rang this morning to ask them to bake some for us - which they did - but they then put them in the baskets.

We looked for both the buffalo mozzarella and the rioja - neither of which were in stock. Must be selected Lidls. Nevermind - got some of their lovely Prosecco to have with our tapas dinner.

My BG was 6.5 this morning - so obviously pay-back time for yesterday's indulgences. I had a huge cooked breakfast and skipped lunch and my BG is now down to 5.1. Phew!! I thought it was going to be another Apple Crumble fiasco when it carried on being high for three days.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's another beautiful day here so getting on with some washing while puzzling over the morning figures. Wish I'd had a Libre sensor on this morning. Bed on 7 up to 8.5 and pre brunch 7.4. Complete opposite to normal. What was different ?
Clocks changed
It's Sunday so have a lie in
No rushing about
Later in bed was watching film
Saw a simple diet doctor roast chicken. Just the 2 of us tonight so going for simple roast chicken Supremes and probably won't bother with the wine. Enjoying not having to prep full scale dinner. Forgot to weigh myself so it will have to wait until tomorrow (probably the surprise of the BG going backwards rather than its usual upward trend)

That IS strange. Maybe it was the clocks changing.... I'm blaming everything on the clocks changing today. :)

Or maybe it was the lack of stress.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to testing (because back from hol), my fasting blood glucose has risen to pre dietdoc levels.

Hey ho. Nothing to worry about.
Just need to get back under 20g a day, and back to normal daily routines. :D

Reactions: Ultramum

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey - that picture turned out a bit big! I'll try to make it smaller. :)

We completed our Lidl Protein Roll mission - clearing two whole baskets of them - 4 dozen!! We rang this morning to ask them to bake some for us - which they did - but they then put them in the baskets.

We looked for both the buffalo mozzarella and the rioja - neither of which were in stock. Must be selected Lidls. Nevermind - got some of their lovely Prosecco to have with our tapas dinner.

My BG was 6.5 this morning - so obviously pay-back time for yesterday's indulgences. I had a huge cooked breakfast and skipped lunch and my BG is now down to 5.1. Phew!! I thought it was going to be another Apple Crumble fiasco when it carried on being high for three days.
That's a good prosecco in Lidls . I have more than a few of them.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's a good prosecco in Lidls . I have more than a few of them.
Yes, I like Lidl Prosecco as well. Have you tried the Martini gold label one? That's my favourite but I only get it when it's on iffer.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That IS strange. Maybe it was the clocks changing.... I'm blaming everything on the clocks changing today. :)

Or maybe it was the lack of stress.
Goodness knows. Another of life's mysteries. Of course since I remained in bed longer (was awake but decided just to do nothing and lie and read for a while) it is possible my BG was like the Grand old Duke of York's 10000 men - went up and came back down before I budged.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Speedbird and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back to testing (because back from hol), my fasting blood glucose has risen to pre dietdoc levels.

Hey ho. Nothing to worry about.
Just need to get back under 20g a day, and back to normal daily routines. :D
It will soon drop back I'm sure. Would be nice if BG would give us time off for good behaviour.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
They do a good Sicilian red and we stock up like mad when they get the Chianti in the ruffino flask in. I prefer white but rest of the family are red drinkers.
I like red and I like any kind of dry white or pale pink fizz but I don't often have a normal white because unless I have it with food it gives me very bad acid reflux.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like red and I like any kind of dry white or pale pink fizz but I don't often have a normal white because unless I have it with food it gives me very bad acid reflux.
If I have white on its own - not a common occurance- I have to water it down with soda. Same problem as you otherwise. Has to be a dry wine.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning everyone. :)

My FBG this morning was 7.8- much higher than it has been recently, especially after going to bed on 5.2. BUT I have got a theory! Last night's dinner was Mr C's tapas extravaganza - lots of olive oil, few carbs (the only carbs being half a Lidl roll to dip in to sauces and an aubergine and a red pepper dish which we shared) but there was lots and lots of protein - little separate dishes with prawn, chicken, pork and a lamb tapas recipes in. It was a very leisurely meal and I ate quite a lot, more than I would do normally.

I think my body processed the carbs quickly as there was hardly any rise at all at the two hour test (4.7 before dinner and 5.0 two hours after, 5.2 at going to bed) but I think my liver is slow at converting the protein in to carbs - gluconeogenesis? - but when it has finally got round to it, it then stores that glucose to release at DP time.

I've probably got it wrong but it seems to make sense to me. My next lot of experimentation needs to be keeping carbs AND protein fairly low at dinner.