does lansoprazole raise blood sugar

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My OH has type 2 and they have some of the symptoms of a stomach ulcer.
I've read into this and I gather this happens to other diabetics as this thread has shown.
We have some older Lansoprazole left over from 2009 in a cupboard and I am wondering if its too old to use.
Normally they'd see the doctor but we are both classed as at-risk from Corona and appointments are difficult to get at the moment. Plus we have no wish to go out more than needed following the Govt advice.
Can anyone help?

Walkingman, if your surgery is like ours, they will only be doing face to face appointments for those who really, really, really need them. Anything else they are trying to deal with over the phone.

My OH needed something he has been using (appropriately, on the guidance of a Consultant) for about 30 years, and until now, has always been able to buy it OTC, albeit in a pharmacy. It doesn't help that there is a gap in his medical records when this was

The Doc was fine to provide it for him, once they had had quite a detailed phone call. If that helps, please ensure that your Doc sends the script to the pharmacy electronically, as that was the only fly in the ointment for us.

I would hope, given your status, your pharmacy could be able to deliver to you.

Good luck with it, and stay well.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've had to double up my lansoprozol to protect my reduced stomach but I've seen no change for positive as a result. In fact maybe my live has to process this med, even more. So if anything it may NOT help with my type2 management. Just another tablet to process in a time my stomach and liver had rest. (empty stomach)
However the benefit out ways me risking a stomach ulcer in my reduced stomach. Ok I hv a spare one on standby but boy what an op that would be to swop them over. Loads of plumbing and a it would be a huge knock to my diabetes management! All preventable.