Easter

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another confession... just had a Creme Egg. :eek::hungry: Hopefully I bolused correctly this time.

It gets worse... they were 50p each, or 3 for £1.
I'll save another for Sunday.

Creme Egg.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Omg... Today. 2 hot cross buns... 73 carbs !!!' Thats 2 days normal food for me!!!! Thank goodness easter eggs are never foing to get through the dood!!

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Yep I sercumed to a hot cross bun ohh naughty but nic

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hmmmmmmm, Creme eggs..................................... looks :hungry: :joyful:
I can't find carbs for creme eggs before I buy, so how much did you bolus? Yuuuuuuum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I can't find carbs for creme eggs before I buy, so how much did you bolus? Yuuuuuuum

Well Noblehead has said 24, so I might, just might treat myself over the weekend with one of these, but that is going to one almighty sugar hit. So I would take 2 1/ 2 or 3 for that, as I know how my body reacts to sweet things. Are you tempted as well, they do look yummy, in the fridge first though ? :happy:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Eggcellent !!!!!

I find them far too sweet and sickly, but I'm sure not so many years ago they were around 40g of carbs per egg, like all confectionery and food they are getting smaller but the price is going up.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I find them far too sweet and sickly, but I'm sure not so many years ago they were around 40g of carbs per egg, like all confectionery and food they are getting smaller but the price is going up.
I'm definitely tempted, Tesco's are doing 3for a £1 near me sickly and sweet mmmm I always found a hot cuppa tea would get rid of sweet taste after a while of enjoying egg has to be a room temperature though yumm yumm

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I should have bolused much earlier for the creme egg.

BG took off like a rocket and it was around 90 minutes before the Novorapid stopped the ascent ;)

Not sure it was worth it... the Mars bar was tastier and had a flatter trajectory

Creme Ehh Spike.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes - I think I'll give the other two away.

I'd imagine the best time to eat them would be after your main meal, the spike would be less profound.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well, I should have bolused much earlier for the creme egg.

BG took off like a rocket and it was around 90 minutes before the Novorapid stopped the ascent ;)

Not sure it was worth it... the Mars bar was tastier and had a flatter trajectory

View attachment 12818

That's what I mean by a sugar hit with me, my body seems to get an almighty shock and then goes into orbit, so I have to watch it :watching: or I might just have a 9 bar :)

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd imagine the best time to eat them would be after your main meal, the spike would be less profound.
That was after my main meal - I was surprised to see such a rapid and high spike.