evening ALL with this new age of smartphone's s

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
JUST WONDER WHAT HAPPENS IF THE PHONE GETS SWITCH OFF OVERNIGHT WHAT HAPPENS TO THE PUMP does it carry on ????

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @vic hill If your pump interfaces with your sensor then it makes no difference if your phone is on or off, why do you ask ?

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your asking about pump interfacing with phone, then these today are for remote control, so pump continues to operate as normal and you'd use the pump's controls rather than remote by phone. As @Juicyj mentions if your asking about sensor then this connects directly to pump so does not matter where your phone is.

Reactions: filly

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The pump continues pumping and providing basal insulin regardless whether it is talking to a phone (or PDM if your pump has one).
If your pump has no UI on it, you will not be able to give yourself a bolus without using the smart phone app or PDM.

I am not sure whether it is the same for all pumps, but if my phone fails completely (not just switched off), I need to do a pump change to use the PDM instead as the pump is connected (via Bluetooth) to the phone app.

I always carry a syringe and my vial of insulin so I can handle this without a pump change when out. It has never happened.