Eye Screening

M

Member496333

My injections were with a plastic clamp around the eyeball and a white membrane over my face. I was still able to move the eye though so I guess the ‘clamp’ just holds it open. I’m getting the heebie jeebies recalling it all so I will stop there :hungover:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My injections were with a plastic clamp around the eyeball and a white membrane over my face. I was still able to move the eye though so I guess the ‘clamp’ just holds it open. I’m getting the heebie jeebies recalling it all so I will stop there :hungover:

Agreed. :)
The only time I felt uncomfortable was when a nursing assistant in attendance felt it "appropriate" to hold my hand... (As a comforting & companionate gesture.)
It some what invaded my "personal space." I tend to lye there with my hands in the position of defending a "free kick?" ;)

M

Member496333

Agreed. :)
The only time I felt uncomfortable was when a nursing assistant in attendance felt it "appropriate" to hold my hand... (As a comforting & companionate gesture.)
It some what invaded my "personal space." I tend to lye there with my hands in the position of defending a "free kick?" ;)

Yeah that would have been weird. I meditated during my procedures. Or rather tried to.

petdell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over the last 1o years . I have had injections of Triamclnolone , Avastin Lucentis, Eylea. Last Sunday, had my my 111&112 injections. Going back a few years, before the tear off sheets were available, the cut the hole with scissors. Now that was scary seeing a blurry vision of scissors coming towards you. I had eyelash trims more than once. My oedema keeps returning despite having no retinopathyp nowadays. Looking forward to my 113&114 in March can't wait. But , I can still see to type this, and that's a bonus.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh-oh,............. I have have a constitution of iron, but this thread makes my tummy go funny.

Best keep my OH out of the way. His father had monitored glaucoma, so has always been under close review. He always goes, and always has his eyes tested, right on time. Should he need closer monitoring it'll be a ginagerous challenge for him.

Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Prem51

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I took a relative for a glaucoma eye test at the hospital last week, and sat in during the appt.

The 3 puffs and the field test looked easy enough.
The more accurate glaucoma pressure test looked much more challenging!

He put numbing drops in her eyes, then squirted clear gel onto a cup shaped gadget, lifted her eyelid out of the way and manually pressed it onto her eyeball while he measured the pressure.

Ayyyyeeeeeee!!!!
That one would have freaked me out, but hat off to her, she didn't even flinch.

When I asked her about it afterwards, she looked surprised and said 'I've been wearing contact lenses for over 50 years. That? That was nothing.'

:D

Mind you, she complained that the tests hurt her neck, so she didn't come out of it completely comfortable.

I have full glaucoma checks at the hospital every 6-12 months - family history and I have pigment dispersion syndrome, which can be a precursor. That second pressure test is horrible - always takes an age as I flinch so much.