Feet Problems

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Further update. well since using the memory foam insoles now for I think 3 days there has been a big improvement in the sensation in the soles of my feet, also I started using Ibugel on my sore toes & that has improved also, to the point that today I have had very little trouble with them & was able to walk the dog with pain & my feet getting numbingly cold & tingly. also then dropping of the duloxatine & replacing with amitriptyline my have part to do with it but dont think 5 days on it has been long enough to get into the system as yet, then the improvement may be a combination of all 3, who knows, but whatever something i'm doing is helping.

Reactions: 2 people

Flojo68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I just signed up because I stumbled across this thread. I have type 2 and also dilated cardiomyopathy, I'm wondering if anyone's feet ever feel like they are swollen?
I have had a "pin" test and have been told my feet are fine as I felt each time the DN "pricked" me. Also she tested my circulation by using a stethoscope. However, I still have numb feet, they sometimes feel very swollen, mostly when I lay down in bed. This can come and go, some days are worse than others and I'm wondering if my problem is not solely to do with diabetes.
I have lost 5 stone in 7 months. hba1c is 30, BS rarely over 7 2 hours after meals, normally 5.6-6.5. cholesterol is 3, fasting BS 5.9
I take:
Metformin 500mg twice a day
Bisoprolol 5mg once a day
Ramipril 3.75mg twice a day
Atorvastatin 10mg once a day
Oh, and I was diagnosed in May this year.

Just one more thing, does anyone "let go" over Christmas, even just for the day? I always feel like people notice I eat differently now, it's probably my own paranoia(which I haven't be diagnosed with btw lol) but just wondered what you do/feel at this time of the year.
Thanks.
I had all the tests on my feet and was told they were fine...but my toes feel numb and my feet swell and they burn and tingle all the time I am type 2 on insulin twice a day. I have since changed my GP and am now being treated for the neuropathy with tablets and a review of my medication..my BS last night was 15 and 9.6 this morning. ..congratulations on your weight loss i keep trying but to no avail as i just keep putting it on.

Oakbiz

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I have to wear two pairs of thick socks. I live in Japan, so it's no shoes in the house, and even at work !

Reactions: 3 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi flojo,sorry to hear your feet are bad, I had similar feelings in my feet and the only way I found of getting relief was to lose weight and get control of my blood sugar levels , as I did lose the weight( 34lbs) over 4 months , my blood sugar levels dropped from 15.4 down to an average today of 5.5 ...the pains in my feet are gone now and I know that good control is the only way to keep the neuropathy in my feet from returning, all the best to you :))

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Further update. well since using the memory foam insoles now for I think 3 days there has been a big improvement in the sensation in the soles of my feet, also I started using Ibugel on my sore toes & that has improved also, to the point that today I have had very little trouble with them & was able to walk the dog with pain & my feet getting numbingly cold & tingly. also then dropping of the duloxatine & replacing with amitriptyline my have part to do with it but dont think 5 days on it has been long enough to get into the system as yet, then the improvement may be a combination of all 3, who knows, but whatever something i'm doing is helping.

Good to hear Paul looks like you are doing the right things,I saw some memory foam slippers whilst out shopping yesterday they felt so comfy,they only had them in mens size but certainly would of given them a try myself.
Keep us updated on your progress,keep well.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have to wear two pairs of thick socks. I live in Japan, so it's no shoes in the house, and even at work !

Is this something you get used to,I could not do without my slippers.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello, I just signed up because I stumbled across this thread. I have type 2 and also dilated cardiomyopathy, I'm wondering if anyone's feet ever feel like they are swollen?
I have had a "pin" test and have been told my feet are fine as I felt each time the DN "pricked" me. Also she tested my circulation by using a stethoscope. However, I still have numb feet, they sometimes feel very swollen, mostly when I lay down in bed. This can come and go, some days are worse than others and I'm wondering if my problem is not solely to do with diabetes.
I have lost 5 stone in 7 months. hba1c is 30, BS rarely over 7 2 hours after meals, normally 5.6-6.5. cholesterol is 3, fasting BS 5.9
I take:
Metformin 500mg twice a day
Bisoprolol 5mg once a day
Ramipril 3.75mg twice a day
Atorvastatin 10mg once a day
Oh, and I was diagnosed in May this year.

Just one more thing, does anyone "let go" over Christmas, even just for the day? I always feel like people notice I eat differently now, it's probably my own paranoia(which I haven't be diagnosed with btw lol) but just wondered what you do/feel at this time of the year.
Thanks.

Hi DnB congratulations on your weight loss,my feet do get swollen along with my ankles I put it down to water retention,when they are like this I raise my feet up under some pillows.
I think a few people will let go a bit at Christmas I will be having a mince pie for my afters,but will leave out roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings.
Keep well.

Oakbiz

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Is this something you get used to,I could not do without my slippers.
I've gotten used to it. It was odd at first but I've been here 14 years now, so I'd feel strange with shoes inside. I have slippers but my feet are 29cm and so called L size slippers are upto 27. So I'm just "room sock man" :)

EveryCloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I sometime wake up with weird cramps in my feet. Feels like they are turning outside in. But usually during the day they are fine. I LOVE MY CROCS! :)

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
This may sound counter intuitive, but I seem to get some relief from the peripheral neuropathy symptoms in my feet by going for a run. If I haven't run in a while the symptoms gradually get worse. Maybe it's because it gets blood flowing better in my feet for a while.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This may sound counter intuitive, but I seem to get some relief from the peripheral neuropathy symptoms in my feet by going for a run. If I haven't run in a while the symptoms gradually get worse. Maybe it's because it gets blood flowing better in my feet for a while.

This is interesting I would of thought you would be in agony after,I find if I massage my feet that I do get some relieve.

image.jpg

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pleased to hear you are getting some relief Paul, what are your bs levels?
This is interesting I would of thought you would be in agony after,I find if I massage my feet that I do get some relieve.

View attachment 10008
I think a lot of it is just down to poor circulation as our feet are a long way down there, well depends on yr height I suppose, Lol. Now there's an interesting point, Do short ppl have less problems with the feet.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think a lot of it is just down to poor circulation as our feet are a long way down there, well depends on yr height I suppose, Lol. Now there's an interesting point, Do short ppl have less problems with the feet.
I wouldn't of thought so only maybe if they are not diabetics,they may have other issues to contend with.
Well I won't be doing any running not my thing but am going to up the feet massaging to 2-3 times a day to see if I can go longer than 4 days without them starting up again.
How have your feet been good I hope.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I'm 6'3" and my HCPs don't seem to think my BGs were high enough to cause peripheral neuropathy. You may be on to something there.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I did think that it maybe over usage of our feet,I don't drive so either walk or ride my bike.

onetimeonly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
get a pair of the liquacre gel insoles on prescrition. No more cold feet and neuropathy a whole lot better :)

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
get a pair of the liquacre gel insoles on prescrition. No more cold feet and neuropathy a whole lot better :)
Sounds good to me, but to update on my purchase of the memory foam insoles.
Had now probs with the soles of my feet as I did have & only occasionally get cold toes now, also the amitriptyline has made has made the numbing feeling alot better but still there slightly, so my as doc if can up dosage. But on the whole a big improvment.