Feet Problems

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to mention. When I visited the DN last week, she checked my feet for the first time since diagnosis. I'm glad to say I got the all clear, no problems. She advised me to use E45 cream to keep them supple and moisturized. I don't know if anyone else has been told the same.

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Forgot to mention. When I visited the DN last week, she checked my feet for the first time since diagnosis. I'm glad to say I got the all clear, no problems. She advised me to use E45 cream to keep them supple and moisturized. I don't know if anyone else has been told the same.
Lucky you!

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is the Dn giving it you on prescription?
Olive oil works just as good, something most of us have in the cupboard, saves buying other stuff all the time, unless it's on script of cause. hehe.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the Dn giving it you on prescription?
Olive oil works just as good, something most of us have in the cupboard, saves buying other stuff all the time, unless it's on script of cause. hehe.
No she didn't mention it but my next door neighbour has gallons of it. He gets it for his Diabetes but never uses it all and is always trying to palm some of on me. Now I'll take it.:D

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it on here, but for walking - especially hiking - I only ever walk in 1000 Mile socks, not just since being diagnosed T2, but for the past 15 years or so. They're twin wall socks 'guaranteed not to give blisters for a thosand miles', hence the name. I've bought mine on eBay, from Go Outdoors & Cotswold Outdoors

They're about a tenner a pair (so not cheap). If I'm walking all day, I take a spare pair and swap them at lunchtime, preferably somewhere I can cool my feet in a nice slow brook or stream :)

I've tried most makes of socks, but 1000 Mile is, for me, the best. Must have over a dozen pairs now. Available in mens & ladies

Reactions: 8 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it on here, but for walking - especially hiking - I only ever walk in 1000 Mile socks, not just since being diagnosed T2, but for the past 15 years or so. They're twin wall socks 'guaranteed not to give blisters for a thosand miles', hence the name. I've bought mine on eBay, from Go Outdoors & Cotswold Outdoors

They're about a tenner a pair (so not cheap). If I'm walking all day, I take a spare pair and swap them at lunchtime, preferably somewhere I can cool my feet in a nice slow brook or stream :)

I've tried most makes of socks, but 1000 Mile is, for me, the best. Must have over a dozen pairs now. Available in mens & ladies
Yes! I have a pair and they work great for hiking! I still need to remember to check for foot issues while hiking though.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the padded socks I uses are 1000 mile ones, at least they are double layered and have 1000 down the back of the ankle. Like you say, not cheap but well worth it.