Food/Blood Sugar Diary/Spreadsheet

Ruth1501

Hi all - have been diabetic for 10 years but only recently found this site and feel like I'm finally getting to grips with understanding what foods I should/should not be eating - and am now using a low carb diet (contrary to what my diabetic nurse and dietician had recommended previously). However, I'm only checking by blood sugar levels before my meals (and first thing in the morning and last thing at night) at the moment and know I need to check 2 hours after meals to get a better idea of how certain foods are affecting me.

I'm wondering if anyone has already devised a computerised diary/spreadsheet to keep a record of their food intake/BS levels etc? I'm far better at keeping a record of things on the computer rather than writing them down - and why re-invent the wheel if someone else has already done it?! :?
Thanks
Ruth

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
I use a free Internet version called SiDiary. Makes really good charts. There are several free versions available and also apps available for iphone.

spideog

becki said:
hi,

was wondering what the apps are? I have carbs and cals
The Carbs and Cals book have an iPhone version which I believe lets you use it as a log on the phone as well. I don't go near fruit based phones though and they have not yet come up with an Android version of the app.

OnTrack is a very good app that is on Android though that will let you record everything you could possibly want to about diabetes. You can set it to install automatically on your android device from here:
market.android.com/details?id=com.gexperts.ontrack

didi

spideog said:
becki said:
hi,

was wondering what the apps are? I have carbs and cals
The Carbs and Cals book have an iPhone version which I believe lets you use it as a log on the phone as well. I don't go near fruit based phones though and they have not yet come up with an Android version of the app.

OnTrack is a very good app that is on Android though that will let you record everything you could possibly want to about diabetes. You can set it to install automatically on your android device from here:
market.android.com/details?id=com.gexperts.ontrack

This has been recommended to me for my HTC Desire.

getjar.com/mobile/14965/helpdiabetes/

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
mendosa.com/cgm_spreadsheet.xls

This is a VERY interesting workbook. I think I'll modify this to suit myself. Thanks for the heads-up!

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I created my own Excel workbook to record readings, information and charts. I've uploaded it to my website with instructions (a link to download the file is at the end of the instructions). It's probably quite a simple workbook compared to some others but I find it works for me and gives me all the information I need without too much info overload. I'm happy to share the workbook and hope someone might find it useful. :D

sophiawinters.co.uk/diabetes/instructions.html

zhaith

if you have an iphone there's ahandy app called glucose buddy, I put al myy meds and bg readings in there and it sync with their site gives you logs, graphs etc will be very handy at my next appointment with my DN

Hazza

That is a very good worksheet Sophia, very impressive. I have downloaded it and will give it a go.

Harry

partlyfallen

SophiaW said:
I created my own Excel workbook to record readings, information and charts. I've uploaded it to my website with instructions (a link to download the file is at the end of the instructions). It's probably quite a simple workbook compared to some others but I find it works for me and gives me all the information I need without too much info overload. I'm happy to share the workbook and hope someone might find it useful. :D

that's fantastic. thanks so much for sharing!

sandy2011

SophiaW said:

Hello Sophia:
I was trying to download the file @ sophiawinters.co.uk/diabetes/instructions.html but apparently
sophiawinters.co.uk is no longer active. I wonder if you still have the file somewhere.
Thank you in advance.
Sandy.

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!