Foot neuropathy and insoles

maryrachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Beetroot
Can anyone advise if they have used these or anything like this? if so how did you find them and what did you use them for (and I don't mean feet) :)

thanks

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've used them years ago but they are okay to start with but after a few weeks they go flat and you don't feel them and the only one thing that I have found that does work is neuropathy socks that you can get off the internet and they work because it helps with the flow of blood to your feet and help your legs and they also keep them warm at night and they also help with injuries and I have been using them for awhile and they helped me and I don't feel it as much but I do when it rains or icy cold or snows but otherwise I am able to walk fine as I do anyway and I only wear a pair of training shoes to walk around in during the day as I feel comfortable in them

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Although not related to my diabetes, since having the AZ jab I have had trouble with my feet from time to time.
I made innersoles from foam backed plastic and neoprene, fixing them to ordinary innersoles to stop them sliding and folding up. My feet were still excruciatingly painful but the cushioning helped me to move around and remain mobile before the antibiotics worked.
I think it was simply the cushioning effects of the layers of resilient material which helped, protecting the inflamed soles from being bruised.

• Creative
Reactions: Antje77

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used something like those years ago before T2 diabetes when I used to be on my feet at work 14 hr days - strangely they made me feel a bit queasy- a bit like mild seasickness. Never got away with them