Forum Bug Reports

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I go on this site and sometimes a lot of things just come up in chinese.
As I am not very good with this. And don't understand really
Would be glad of an explanation. As it is all chinese to
Me sometime.
Can you try taking a screenshot? We are a worldwide audience, and someone might be able to translate it so we can see what it is displaying. What equipment are you getting this on, a lot of the electronic gizmos are made in china so it could be you are seeing a part of the BIOS or operating system . i hsve seen Ukranian here from a new member saying thank you all. I sometimes get chinese on amazon.

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Thanks for your reply Oldvatr. It has not happened for some time now. But remember that
the name under the Chinese script also came up in the right corner of the screen where all
the names of people online are. But the name there had a line across it.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your reply Oldvatr. It has not happened for some time now. But remember that
the name under the Chinese script also came up in the right corner of the screen where all
the names of people online are. But the name there had a line across it.
Sounds like it was someone who was banned.possibly because they were unable or unwilling to use english. We do get scripts in German occasionally, and Dr Google can usually help decode it, did well on the Ukranian I came across here. But chinese is a challenge. Doctors still use latin.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me sometime.
I see these posts most days as I’m usually up very early, it’s just spam, click the report button on the post to report it to admin and they will sort it out.

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Thanks Oldvatr and Lovinglife.That explains a lot.I also have had Chinese come up on
Amazon.Thanks again.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Me sometime.
Do you mean threads with the titles in Chinese?
If this happens, please use the report button.
They're spammers, and we usually catch them pretty quickly and delete their posts, but we don't always see everything right away.
Reporting helps us!

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Thanks
No not threads with the title in Chinese. Just the ones I saw they had just
Big chapters in chinese and then an English name under. One had
University of somewhere(sorry forgotten where)but it was just under
the Chinese text.
I just ignored them really but know if it happens again to just press the report button. Thanks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just the ones I saw they had just
Big chapters in chinese and then an English name under. One had
University of somewhere(sorry forgotten where)but it was just under
the Chinese text.
Yup, those are the spammers!
The chapters in Chinese are actually very long thread titles, and they always have 'University of somewhere or other' in the text.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77 @Jaylee @KennyA @Pipp @EllieM @VashtiB @Carson_dcuk

Just got this message a few times when trying to post, having been successfully posting all day. Nothing asking me to accept cookies, and I have found the forum slow to post today.

A5D432F6-F2CB-4375-A635-027ADD4629FC.png

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
  • Informative

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get this on other sites too. it is after a Bill Gates Special update. There was a follow on update that seems to have cleared this.
I’m using Safari/IOS on IPad rather than Microsoft. Not seen it elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m using Safari/IOS on IPad rather than Microsoft. Not seen it elsewhere.
It takes two to tango. Maybe the server had an upgrade, or maybe your browser. They all seem to have tp lockstep especially with virus threats prompting security softwsare changes. Seeing that most apps nowadys have to track IOS, Windows, and Android, along with Linux and some others, then apps have to upgrade too even if only one of the OS changes. I am running Android and Alexa on my PC under Windows 10, so I can access some of the banking apps and control my heating and keep the cat awake with Alexa bark or Alexa Fart.

The issue I had on another site was a security lockoout with the exact same Ooops message regarding cookies. I checked my browser and cookies were enabled, deffo a security upgrade gone wrong and quickly corrected.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had the Oops we ran into a problem notification again. One thing I noticed was that I entered the Forum by clicking on a link in an email to read a notified update. I read the update post ok, and I noted I had two alerts showing on the alarm bell token. I clicked on the bell, and got the Ooops popup. Now, the post #i had originally read was still selected and on my screen. I closed the post, and the alerts token changed to show only 1 unread notification which was just a response notification from Ellie. I was now able to click on the alert token, and it worked correctly. I did not refreah the page as requested, so I must assume that the update of the alert token had done this for me. Ergo, the problem seems to be occurring when a post is first read, but has not been closed, and thus there is a hidden update request queued that blocks access until the updated post is read and closed.