Treatment type
Insulin
That’s correct
Earlier in this thread, I described how I moved to my 2nd sensor

Apply it to the other arm
Do it 48 hours before expiry of the current one
It will settle in whilst the current one is running out
The new one only starts to tick down its 14 days AFTER you have activated it

In my own experience, the 2nd sensor started to read accurately one hour after I activated it

Good luck
Peter
Just applied my 2nd sensor as you suggested. It was so easy, now I just have to wait til Monday to activate it.

Reactions: Peter_Sylvester
P

Peter_Sylvester

Oh well... if you don't even want to acknowledge that Abbotts themselves told me that with two spares in hand (Nov 2017 expiry) when I called them on 1st Nov to prepare ahead that they
a) wouldn't recommend ordering more than three at a time and
b) told me to order in the middle of the month (regardless of whether that would actually be convenient) and
c) staunchly refuse to accept that short expiry dates does lead to more skin irritation issues - despite following their OWN advice to the letter
d) specifically told me the chances of getting unusable sensors (with Nov 2017 expiry) was quite high given the time frame I could afford to cover..

and you would prefer to be sarcastic, then indeed you are not anyone I want to know in my journey. I wish you well in yours.
Hi @RFSMarch
You seem to have had a run of bad luck with your sensors recently.
Would it help if I send you one of my sensors, and you can send me one back once you have resolved your issues with Abbott..?

I am guessing that you are on the road at the moment, so if you PM me with the details of where you will be on Tuesday, then I will be happy to courier one to you at the hotel. You can pay me back the sensor in due course.

Let me know.
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peter_Sylvester

Just applied my 2nd sensor as you suggested. It was so easy, now I just have to wait til Monday to activate it.
Fingers crossed for you @Ixarix - I hope it all goes well.

BTW - I found that applying a little baby lotion to the edges of the old sensor makes it easier to get it off - and mine came off without leaving too much residue.

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Just a quick point on getting the Libre sensors delivered if you’re out at work all day...

Abbott use DPD couriers and they will deliver to a range of local pick up locations. They mainly seem to use independent pharmacies, but I always arrange to have my sensors delivered to Halfords as they stay open until 8pm during the week.

Just order the sensor(s) to your home address and when DPD send confirmation that they’re about to deliver the sensor(s), there will be a link in the email to select an alternative pick up address (or use the DPD app).

mrg9999-2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Problems using a mobile phone. I've been using an android phone as well for a few months, and today I tried. It told me that I have to pair it within one hour. Now I have to wait 12 days to read it on my phone.

Attachments

• Freestyle libre sensor on mobile app.jpg
    Freestyle libre sensor on mobile app.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 311
P

Peter_Sylvester

Problems using a mobile phone. I've been using an android phone as well for a few months, and today I tried. It told me that I have to pair it within one hour. Now I have to wait 12 days to read it on my phone.

I don’t have any experience of this @mrg9999-2 , sorry.
I am an iPhone user and the app for iPhones has not been released yet, as far as I know.

P

Peter_Sylvester

TIME UP for my 2nd SENSOR

So here I am at the end of my 2nd sensor in “My Life with the Machine” , and I am delighted to report that I have had no problems, no reactions, no failing sensor - although I am sure that my experience will irritate some people (especially one lady who seems to have a whole catalogue of problems with delivery, multiple failing sensors, adhesion and so on)
This 2nd sensor did operate a little differently than my 1st sensor - for example the “time lag” between taking my food and it registering on the meter was about 40 minutes, instead of the previous 20 minutes.

I think this may be down to the different locations of the sensors on my arms - the second one was more to the back and higher than the first, and well above the hemline of my short sleeved shirt.

I have now attached my next sensor to my other arm, again in the higher location, so I will have a better idea once it is activated in 48 hours, when my current one expires

All in all, I have found that the Libre system delivers a significant amount of invaluable data, which I have been able to use on an informed basis.

Overall, the amount of time that I now spend inside the target area, has increased over the last four weeks from 56%, to now over 82%

I am really looking forward to continuing that trend over the next few weeks and months.

In my view, the libre system is a fantastic piece of kit, and is a game changer for me

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peter_Sylvester

LIBRE: and Airport Scanners ..!

So - I am on my way to Iran for a Speaking gig, and this is my first trip since using the Libre gizmo

To make things worse, I actually have TWO sensors attached - one expiring one on my right arm, and the new one on my left arm, which is undergoing its “acclimatisation “ 48 hours

All the way to the airport, I am rehearsing the conversation- how to explain the sensor in the first place, and then to explain why I had TWO fitted

THERE WAS NO NEED TO BOTHER..!

I flew through the airport scanner without so much as a “beep”, and was only greeted by a cheery “Good Morning Sir” from the Security chap

A huge sigh of relief, and another Success to add to my growing list...

Reactions: Ledzeptt