Good Morning

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Well, yesterday was a bit different - A has been feeling sick all this week and said he wasn't feeling up to going to mum's yesterday. I still had to take up John's birthday cake though so I let him stay at home by himself for a few hours while I went up there and helped the family with lunch. He spent most of the time asleep!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well, yesterday was a bit different - A has been feeling sick all this week and said he wasn't feeling up to going to mum's yesterday. I still had to take up John's birthday cake though so I let him stay at home by himself for a few hours while I went up there and helped the family with lunch. He spent most of the time asleep!
How is A today Barbara?

Just back from our rainy walk in the woods. It's the first walk that we've managed since getting home so really enjoyed getting back into our usual routine. My calf muscles have been cramping with sudden lack of exercise (2 days) this diabetes just keeps on giving :( Still, I should be ok now - and the rain today is soft, summer rain. Everything smelled so fresh and new on our walk. I hope that everyone has a really good day today with minimal health worries

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
How is A today Barbara?

Just back from our rainy walk in the woods. It's the first walk that we've managed since getting home so really enjoyed getting back into our usual routine. My calf muscles have been cramping with sudden lack of exercise (2 days) this diabetes just keeps on giving :( Still, I should be ok now - and the rain today is soft, summer rain. Everything smelled so fresh and new on our walk. I hope that everyone has a really good day today with minimal health worries
He did feel a little better yesterday but he felt worse this morning so I took him down to the doctors. She examined his stomach and said it wasn't swollen so that was a good sign, she then advised him to stay hydrated and try to eat little and often. In other words, carry on doing what we have been doing!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
At least you have peace of mind knowing that the GP examined him. It's so hard to know when to do that with our lads isn't it ? They can't really fully communicate how they are feeling. I hope today is better for A (and you too Barbara)
@Diamum5972

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Morning everyone hope your all well. Finally getting Ron's meds sorted today. Looking forward to a more peaceful sleep . X

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
At least you have peace of mind knowing that the GP examined him. It's so hard to know when to do that with our lads isn't it ? They can't really fully communicate how they are feeling. I hope today is better for A (and you too Barbara)
@Diamum5972
Definitely Anna, he was having difficulty communicating with the doctor until she examined him - he is extremely ticklish and we were all having a good laugh at his reaction to the cold stethoscope!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
24/5 - Good Morning from a gloriously Sunny and Humid York. Hope everyone has a lovely day especially @13lizanne and @debrasue to make up for a rubbishy last night :).

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just back from shopping, had about 4hrs sleep so missed out early morning walk and am regretting it now. Temp soaring, pain roaring and bloods 10.6 - lovely!
Hope everyone has a good day, rest up @debrasue A and @Diamum5972 good news about Ron's meds @tina_marie - about time! Thanks for the good wishes @Liam1955 hope you have a good day today- you deserve it x :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Just back from shopping, had about 4hrs sleep so missed out early morning walk and am regretting it now. Temp soaring, pain roaring and bloods 10.6 - lovely!
Hope everyone has a good day, rest up @debrasue A and @Diamum5972 good news about Ron's meds @tina_marie - about time! Thanks for the good wishes @Liam1955 hope you have a good day today- you deserve it x :)
Thank you @13lizanne , gp just rang him and talked him through his meds . Ron's been told he has to build up the baclofen in his system as it could knock him out on top of the amatrypline . He has to see how it affects his driving to and if his chest pain increases he's to stop taking them. Ron's also been told that it can increase bg levels . Sending you all hugs that need one. X

D

debrasue

Poor Anna - it sounds as if you should be resting up, too. Hugs xxx

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all, it's shopping day today so I'm going into town now before it gets too hot! A is supposed to be signing on today but is still poorly so I have to go to the job centre to fill out some paperwork for him. Joy of joys!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
25/5 - Good Morning from another Sunny and Hot York.
Hope everyone managed a restful sleep last night? Was your sleep better? = @13lizanne - @debrasue
Have a good day everyone and drink plenty of water :).

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

25/5 - Good Morning from another Sunny and Hot York.
Hope everyone managed a restful sleep last night? Was your sleep better? = @13lizanne - @debrasue
Have a good day everyone and drink plenty of water :).
Yes, thanks for asking, William - I had a better night last night. :)
Hot and sunny here again today, too. I've been out in the garden for a while but I'm lurking indoors under a fan now because it's getting very hot out there!
I'm not complaining, though. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
28/5 - Good Morning from another hot and Sunny Day in York, but at least there is a slight breeze today.
Hope everyone is well and you enjoy today and the Bank Holiday.:)
Going to be 'good' today, as I had Cake yesterday at Parent in Laws and Cake on Friday whilst out for the day. And although today is my actual Birthday - there is no cake at all in sight.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Diamum5972

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
28/5 - Good Morning from another hot and Sunny Day in York, but at least there is a slight breeze today.
Hope everyone is well and you enjoy today and the Bank Holiday.:)
Going to be 'good' today, as I had Cake yesterday at Parent in Laws and Cake on Friday whilst out for the day. And although today is my actual Birthday - there is no cake at all in site. :)
Happy birthday William, I hope you get spoiled rotten!

dukidoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Running
Ah poor you Happy birthday to you ,hope your birthday year makes lots of happy memories x

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning everyone, it's a very typical bank holiday here - it's supposed to be raining for most of the day :) I don't have anything planned, I'm going to be chilling out with A and knitting.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
29/5 - Good Morning from a much cooler and drizzly York.
Happy Bank Holiday and hope you all have a good day :).
Ate quite a lot of Ice Cream yesterday = @13lizanne - Hope you are feeling a wee bit better today:nurse:.xx

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
29/5 - Good Morning from a much cooler and drizzly York.
Happy Bank Holiday and hope you all have a good day :).
Ate quite a lot of Ice Cream yesterday = @13lizanne - Hope you are feeling a wee bit better today:nurse:.xx
Not really William, but thank you for your good wishes :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning everyone, today is the deciding day for A. Because it's half term he has intensive rehearsals at the theatre from 12 til 8 tonight! Luckily he's been feeling much better since we went to mum's on Sunday but we shall see whether he has the stamina for this. Wish us luck!