Green smoothies

Altum155sb

It’s an expensive publication so to find the answer to the meat views in the book
I have seen their video on YouTube. It is a money-making scheme to sell supplements some of which have no proven benefits whatsoever. The Herbal/Supplements Industry is almost as lucrative as the Pharmaceutical Industry.

As to meat. Meat (and eggs etc) is high in protein and this animal protein is essential as well as being very good at keeping us satisfied for longer. As we age (especially over 50) the efficiency of metabolising protein diminishes so we benefit from having a little more meat in the diet. I find that a fattier cut of meat in a goodly portion does not raise my blood glucose levels to any real extent and I am not snack hunting a couple of hours after having a meal.
Thank you for your time.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry misleading. I take a green shake for breakfast and some porridge. Another one at lunchtime. Another at teatime with a meal of some kind. If I’m hungry at bedtime I take a small drink of the smoothie. Trying to loose weight.

Porridge is high carb and not tolerated by a lot of diabetics. Also what type of foods do you eat as your evening meal. Granted you are taking a lot of the smoothie but the other food you’re eating is all relevant to your blood sugars. Do you test before and after your meals? I lowered my carb intake as soon as I was diagnosed and as well as bringing my blood sugars down to normal levels I have lost over 6 stone so far.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are going to test to see what effect the smootie has on your blood glucose, you would need to test it in isolation.
Then doing the same for the porridge would be a good idea too.

It really is all about the carbs...

Does the book give you guidance on carb counting?
And advice to limit your carb intake to avoid high blood glucose?
That is usually very helpful to type 2s.

Altum155sb

If you are going to test to see what effect the smootie has on your blood glucose, you would need to test it in isolation.
Then doing the same for the porridge would be a good idea too.

It really is all about the carbs...

Does the book give you guidance on carb counting?
And advice to limit your carb intake to avoid high blood glucose?
That is usually very helpful to type 2s.
Yea book referees to carb intake. I will isolate the porridge and smoothie and test separately tomorrow. Have not been testing properly I guess. Thanks for your time.

Reactions: Brunneria