GUYS! hahahaha... I know it's bit mean, but what would you guys do? Nothing related but I need help

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I know the process of being diabetic is tough, trying to explain our pain, people thinks we're exaggerating it.. But then..I give up complaining. I know I have supportive friends but seeing my friends getting "sick," the sickness thats not that bad as us... Like "flu," "stress symptoms," "having some machinery wears," basically any basic pain... get fed-up when they complain to me and thinks they should give up with their life. Whereas our life, being sick isn't an excuse unless we're hospitalised... SERIOUSLY... Don't you guys feel fed-up? I hate this sentence the most, "I get sick because I've never been sick... I'm dying.."

I have friends saying they want to quit their jobs, they can't pursue their passion or anything, etc... I am speechless man, such cry babies. I normally don't really reply to that till they think of positive thoughts on their own. This is why I keep my health condition a secret... Whats worse, I do have some friends who when I revealed my health condition, they take it as a competition as in they see that their health is worse. Are you kidding me?

Theres differences between supportive and loyal. I prefer loyal ones who support and listens and not being an attention seeker.... WHAT SHOULD I DO... I can't... haha....

Mod edit to remove words that may offend others.

Last edited by a moderator:

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
What causes one person a small amount of pain could be a huge amount of pain and anxiety for another person. Who are you to judge? There but for the grace of god...

i know i know, i discuss it with my other friends but........... feel me please.. its like something about me disagrees with them, their whining and all... ooo I remember....the feeling is that.. I was being supportive with my mum when she's discharge with dengue and then feels better afterwards and we still feel like ****... i did not say anything to her but it just feeling unfair. Yeah, yeah i know life is unfair.

sorry I'm just upset, constantly hearing doctors saying that I have no cure... but they can cure people with accidents, tumour, cancer, infections, evil mosquito bites and stroke thats not relatable to diabetes but not us....

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know the process of being diabetic is tough, trying to explain our pain, people thinks we're exaggerating it.. But then..I give up complaining. I know I have supportive friends but seeing my friends getting "sick," the sickness thats not that bad as us... Like "flu," "stress symptoms," "having some machinery wears," basically any basic pain... get fed-up when they complain to me and thinks they should give up with their life. Whereas our life, being sick isn't an excuse unless we're hospitalised... SERIOUSLY... Don't you guys feel fed-up? I hate this sentence the most, "I get sick because I've never been sick... I'm dying.."

I have friends saying they want to quit their jobs, they can't pursue their passion or anything, etc... I am speechless man, such cry babies. I normally don't really reply to that till they think of positive thoughts on their own. This is why I keep my health condition a secret... Whats worse, I do have some friends who when I revealed my health condition, they take it as a competition as in they see that their health is worse. Are you kidding me?

Theres differences between supportive and loyal. I prefer loyal ones who support and listens and not being an attention seeker.... WHAT SHOULD I DO... I can't... haha....

oh yes I understand you... but I don´t think you should expect people to understand...

like there must be many conditions you don´t have a clue of how is to live with... why should other people be bored with knowing everything about other peoples illnesses... let let them be happy not to suffer like we do..

Reactions: Prem51

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
oh yes I understand you... but I don´t think you should expect people to understand...

like there must be many conditions you don´t have a clue of how is to live with... why should other people be bored with knowing everything about other peoples illnesses... let let them be happy not to suffer like we do..
AHHHHHH !! THANK YOU FREEMAAA!!! I love this "let let them be happy not to suffer like we do....." omgg thank you! now i know what to say to people!! much love munkinsss!!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
sorry I'm just upset, constantly hearing doctors saying that I have no cure... but they can cure people with accidents, tumour, cancer, infections, evil mosquito bites and stroke thats not relatable to diabetes but not us....

Appreciate you might be upset but isn't it great that those accidents, conditions and ailments can be treated in some cases.

It's all about perspective @teeekilicious18 , what might seem trivial to one person may be upsetting and important to another person, we have to respect that we all handle and deal with things in our own unique way.

Be kind to your friends as you never know when you might need them.

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Appreciate you might be upset but isn't it great that those accidents, conditions and ailments can be treated in some cases.

It's all about perspective @teeekilicious18 , what might seem trivial to one person may be upsetting and important to another person, we have to respect that we all handle and deal with things in our own unique way.

Be kind to your friends as you never know when you might need them.

Thank you. It's tiring isn't it, being strong for other people but they don't understand you? I seriously did a good thing, thanks to you guys. You guys are a blessing. But why am I crying for being good? Is it because we have sense of lost?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thank you. It's tiring isn't it, being strong for other people but they don't understand you? I seriously did a good thing, thanks to you guys. You guys are a blessing. But why am I crying for being good? Is it because we have sense of lost?

I do think we sometimes pine for the life we had before diabetes......... so yes there can be a sense of lost.

As many of the members will vouch for, you can live a long and active life with diabetes and it need not hold you back, if your struggling emotionally there's no shame in asking for help from your HCP's.

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I do think we sometimes pine for the life we had before diabetes......... so yes there can be a sense of lost.

As many of the members will vouch for, you can live a long and active life with diabetes and it need not hold you back, if your struggling emotionally there's no shame in asking for help from your HCP's.

whats HCP?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've said this before and I believe it sums up how you are feeling.

Always in the s...! Only the depth varies!

I've had a hard life, won't go into too much detail, had to fight for a decent life!
Had to overcome many things to be living as comfortable as I am now, I consider myself lucky, as there is a lot more people worse off than me, I have been diagnosed with an incurable condition that has given my life back. My wife is disabled and can't get about much. I have to work even though I retried ten years ago. I hate to leave my love whilst I'm away. My kids have their medical problems and my grandkids as well, asthma is rife through my family. GAD is a common condition.
Only my brother now lives in my immediate family, I have watched and mourned my family and friends suffer and die. I have been through all this and I'm going to be around for my great grandkids, because I'm now fit and healthy and I thank whoever for giving me my life back and I am able to enjoy my life as it is despite the Tories and other politicians who have tried their hardest to deny me and my family.
Throughout my hypo hell, I had symptoms of depression,anxiety, anger, and one of them was overthinking certain problems and being afraid of what others would say about my actions and opinions, I never felt I was doing things right, I would hide away my feelings, they would fester, until I would let loose at a member of my family, for being interested in my well being.
If you love someone, you should love unreservedly, not question their motives. A friend is someone who wants to be with you and is interested in you!
What you are going through is so much like bereavement and the stages, you have to go through. To get the other side, you will have to be not afraid to say what you need to say, do what you have to do, to be well and live your life again. To fight for what you have to do and be you!
Diabetes is a condition that can be managed, and like me, you can do it!
You can live just as long with it, than you can without diabetes.
It's another obstacle in the race of life, once over it, there's another one, but having control of your approach to it, will make it a lot easier!

Reactions: chalup and Prem51

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
:p lets put the seriousness aside and goof off. i like this song btw.

I could be brown
I could be blue
I could be violet sky
I could be hurtful
I could be purple
I could be anything you like
Gotta be green
Gotta be mean
Gotta be everything more
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you walk out the door!

getting angry doesn't solve anything...

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Be thankful you only have your diabetes to worry about. I have my own and my 11 year old daughter's to fret over, night and day.

Don't you feel much better now? :D

hahahaha *sings* getting angry doesn't solve anything

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Some good advice here, particularly @noblehead and @nosher8355

@teeekilicious18 Rather than penalise those around you who are struggling with their own conditions, why not give words of encouragement and point out the highs of life rather than the lows.

We all have good and bad times in life, but when you are low and someone scorns you - it can have an out-of-proportion devastating effect on them, whereas a few well-chosen words of support can give a boost to what may otherwise have led to tragic consequences. I try and pass on positivity where I can; apart from that you use fewer muscles to smile than you do to frown!

Life is a gift and we should make of it what we can. D has been an extra challenge for me, but compared with other issues I find it manageable now thanks to lchf.

Eireannn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, yuck

A few days after I was diagnosed and told my mates about it, one of them thought it would be acceptable to fake a health condition to get more attention than myself.