Type 2 Hello, please help me response this question.

Ly_atdia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
-What can spike our BG? (Food)(please put down in detail)
-Can you recommend some bread that suitable for T2?

-Can we follow the glycemic index table?
-Rye bread, whole wheat, or white bread?
-Anyone have a experience with banana?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
-What can spike our BG? (Food)(please put down in detail)
-Can you recommend some bread that suitable for T2?

-Can we follow the glycemic index table?
-Rye bread, whole wheat, or white bread?
-Anyone have a experience with banana?

All carbohydrate will spike our BGs. This includes fruit and milk. It also includes low GI carbs.
Low GI carbs take a little longer to digest, but still convert to glucose at some point.
The worst culprits are BREAD, rice, potatoes, pasta, cereals and grains, and anything made with flour.
BREAD of any sort is rarely a good choice, although there are some low carb varieties such as Lidl High Protein Rolls, Live Life, and Burgen.
Bananas are the worst choice of fruit. They are instant glucose. (seeing tennis players at Wimbledon this week eating them between games may give you some idea)

As we all have different tolerance levels, you will only know which foods spike you personally by testing them out with a meter.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Try warbartons protein bread.
Its no more than 9g of carb per slice. Enjoy.
I love my toast again!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the best to eat are nuts eggs and meat and fish and seafood...cheese and yoghurt without added sugar

if you eat only vegetables grown over ground like tomatoes salat and cucumbers and peppers , and eat berries instead of fruits in a lesser degree than the vegs.

and stay away from bread, corn and rice and grains potatoes and all kinds of sugar and also fruits

Reactions: Prem51

Ly_atdia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@ickihun, @Ly_atdia has said he is in Cambodia. I don't think they have Warburton's bread there! :)
Edit: or LIDL rolls, Live Life, or Burgen.

The local one has
Rye bread or whole wheat bread or sth.
Which one is the best.
I sometimes go for whole wheat bread. Cuz I don't know exactly what in it?
But*** I not taking the whole bread, just a slide or two. And the rest, is hard with friends.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun, @Ly_atdia has said he is in Cambodia. I don't think they have Warburton's bread there! :)
Edit: or LIDL rolls, Live Life, or Burgen.
Shame. It needs importing for him.
I think i saw Hovis in Nigeria on my travels. Again imported I guess thou.
I haven't seen a hovis version. Who makes burgen, I wonder?
An expensive loaf in Africa. Can you get someone to make you some @Ly_atdia ? I did see the ingredients for lidl rolls somewhere on here, i think. Again thou some will need importing?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The local one has
Rye bread or whole wheat bread or sth.
Which one is the best.
I sometimes go for whole wheat bread. Cuz I don't know exactly what in it?
But*** I not taking the whole bread, just a slide or two. And the rest, is hard with friends.
Do you have a blood glucose meter @Ly_atdia? The best way to find out which bread raises your bs the most is to test your bs before eating, then 1 hour after eating, then again 2 hours after eating. Before eating your bs should be no higher than 7.0 mmol/L, and two hours after eating it should be less than 2 mmol/L higher. If the spike is higher than 2 mmol/L it could cause damage to your body if you eat that food regularly.
I find that wholemeal bread doesn't raise my bs much, but you need to test yourself as we all react differently.
There are recipes for low carb breads in the food and nutrition section of this forum, and on dietdoctor.com. Perhaps you could make yourself some low carb alternatives.