help with skin reaction please

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
DSCF1231.JPG

this is the site after removal of my pod this morning -- and i had a tegaderm dressing underneath the pod as well
have sprayed cavilon on my new site today before applying pod so will see how I fare with that in 3 days

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
There is no way to cancel insulin on board unfortunately . That's why low lasted over 6 hours. Thanks for your advice.
Could you not have suspended the basal?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Noblehead
No not given that advice very little in fact have just insisted that I do some checks re Basel as no information given re this yet! Have appointment Monday. I think info re carbs on packet re rice 60grams and chillie sauce not correct , also had with Apple stewed and tablespoon of crumble mix, home made no sugar added added to 85carbs. Went low within an hour of dinner fighting hypo for 7 hours! Bad experience. Largest dose ,meal I've eaten since pump 24th August.
The reason you went low is because rice takes a long time to digest so your high would have come a lot later than your insulin peak. The carb value was correct just the administration of insulin a tad out. Trial and error will be the way to go. Buy yourself pumping insulin from Amazon this will help no end.

iHs

@himtoo

I sometimes get similar marking as yr photo, when I remove a G4 sensor. It's because I have the sensor down low on my stomach and my lycra knickers keep the sensor with transmitter firmly in place. I just dab a bit of Savlon on the mark and within 3 days it starts to disappear and is gone by day 5.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The reason you went low is because rice takes a long time to digest so your high would have come a lot later than your insulin peak. The carb value was correct just the administration of insulin a tad out. Trial and error will be the way to go. Buy yourself pumping insulin from Amazon this will help no end.
Thanks. Went for apt today but I actually overdosed on insulin apparently misread Carbs re rice. Packet thrown out, had total cooked weight of 60 gms. Should have been raw weight.Silly me ! however told no need to lengthen dose unless high fat meal. Due to do bolus checks at last. I' sure I will live and learn thanks for your help.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@himtoo

I sometimes get similar marking as yr photo, when I remove a G4 sensor. It's because I have the sensor down low on my stomach and my lycra knickers keep the sensor with transmitter firmly in place. I just dab a bit of Savlon on the mark and within 3 days it starts to disappear and is gone by day 5.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Looks like a much larger area than I have. Generally I have a red raised bump takes a few days to reduce, I tend to put Germolene on it if it remains sore or itchy. Hope you find a solution .

Reactions: 2 people

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Regards to your 20 units, when I first started on the pump I was told that anything over 6 units would needed to be extended, so you would use a dual-wave bolus and deliver 6 units immediately and extend the rest of the dose over 30-60 mins, don't know if you were told the same @Heathero.

That's really interesting - I wasn't told that but it definitely makes sense! I rarely have more than 6u at one time -- but will remember this if I do - thanks @noblehead! :)

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
View attachment 16092

this is the site after removal of my pod this morning -- and i had a tegaderm dressing underneath the pod as well
have sprayed cavilon on my new site today before applying pod so will see how I fare with that in 3 days

I use infusion sets so the surface area of site irritation on mine is much smaller than yours, but I get similar to this. LBF barrier wipes sometimes help, as does iv300 tape (though ironically I will start to develop a rash with both of those if I use then consistently!) -- but one thing that always helps is using an aloe vera gel on the area after I've removed the set -- definitely recommend getting some of that :) holland & barratt sell the gel, and I think Boots does too...

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I use infusion sets so the surface area of site irritation on mine is much smaller than yours, but I get similar to this. LBF barrier wipes sometimes help, as does iv300 tape (though ironically I will start to develop a rash with both of those if I use then consistently!) -- but one thing that always helps is using an aloe vera gel on the area after I've removed the set -- definitely recommend getting some of that :) holland & barratt sell the gel, and I think Boots does too...
Hi @-Artemis-
thanks for that.
I used cavilon spray on my last pod change and although it was a bit red on removal after only 24 hours is completely gone except for the insertion point of the cannula.
I have been using rescue remedy cream at the site.
will look at the aloe vera too :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's really interesting - I wasn't told that but it definitely makes sense! I rarely have more than 6u at one time -- but will remember this if I do - thanks @noblehead! :)

Mind I don't know if this is specific to the Omnipod Pump @-Artemis-, like you I rarely bolus over 6 units anyway but still use the extended bolus options depending on the meal being eaten.

Nice to see you around again btw, hope all is going well with your pump :)

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @-Artemis-
thanks for that.
I used cavilon spray on my last pod change and although it was a bit red on removal after only 24 hours is completely gone except for the insertion point of the cannula.
I have been using rescue remedy cream at the site.
will look at the aloe vera too :)

Ah yes -- sure rescue remedy has all sorts of goodness in it too! :) glad the cavilon also seems to be helping :)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
update --- pod change this morning -- used a product for removing the old pod -- it is called lift plus -- worked an absolute treat - the pod pretty much fell off into my hand.

I had used cavilon again and again the only mark is the actual cannula insertion point -- very pleased here .:)

iHs

update --- pod change this morApeel. I used a product for removing the old pod -- it is called lift flow -- worked an absolute treat - the pod pretty much fell off into my hand.

I had used cavilon again and again the only mark is the actual cannula insertion point -- very pleased here .:)
LiftPlus has been mentioned sooo many times now on forums as well as Bravo, Apeeel. I use adhesive remover for steel needle sets, 30 degree angle teflon and cgm sensors. Better than babyoil.
@himtoo.....get a sample of SkinSafe