Hey guys good news, hear me out?

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Okay had a final diagnosis. Above all multitude conditions, above all confusion... Its: electrolyte imbalance... It was like confirmed after crazy check ups when my low magnesium was always stubborn. And the good news is that, kidney is safe... when we have electrolyte imbalance, the heart is the problem that makes the phosphate high or normal but if theres new element that dropped in the future, or my point is when theres lots of elements drop, there will be complications.

Heres the thing, I hope my magnesium wont go lower... because if you all notice low magnesium is the culprit to blame for diabetes. I bet most of you have low magnesium? do you?So, low sugar is due to when my phosphate gets so high up. And I get more dehydrated. Now, my sugar levels are okay because my phosphate are okay.

I just need to prevent my phosphate from being high, in order not to drop it again.. I'm still not free from hospitals.

At least for now, I just need antioxidants. Its freakishly low like so close to cancerous but I'm not. Theres just too much.

Natural healing: Antioxidants for energy + swimming lesson to control arthritis + surgary drinks when thirsty. If my dehydration is worse then its low sugar. do you get it? I hope im not confusing ya haaha

and life is fun, I had a double date on Saturday night. volunteering is fun. still working hard on pursuing my dream school.

to make it clear : high phosphate -> _electrolyte imbalance_ -> heart problems,muscle weaknesses/dysfunction -> low sugar. not diabetic yet unless things change.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I do hope you have now found your true diagnosis.
I have a little reservation on the sugary drinks solution.
There are other healthier ways to get antioxidants and electrolytes.

Getting a diagnosis is always a great boost.
Hope you succeed in your dreams.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the R-Alpha lipoic -acid is one ot the most powerfull antioxidants you can get .. as it also crosses the blood brain barrier...

Last edited:
Reactions: teeekilicious18

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I do hope you have now found your true diagnosis.
I have a little reservation on the sugary drinks solution.
There are other healthier ways to get antioxidants and electrolytes.

Getting a diagnosis is always a great boost.
Hope you succeed in your dreams.
what do you mean reservations? yeah electrolyte imbalance is the confirmation. ugh when so many things goes high or low, so annoying cause thats also frustrates the doctors which makes it hard to diagnose & when she did ugh finally!. my doctor told me to drink surgary drink cause A) hoping i wont go hypo again. B) to confirm about last ailment just so i could be medicated properly at the end otherwise hoping that nothing would hinder the natural healing process. You know, when you have so many hypos in your nutritions, thats why your antioxidants goes low as well. wow too much science in one day ahaha

Reactions: Freema

equipoise

because if you all notice low magnesium is the culprit to blame for diabetes. I bet most of you have low magnesium? do you?.

No I don't notice and no I don't have low magnesium. But I will add this to the list of unconvincing mono-causal explanations of diabetes that I have read....

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
what do you mean reservations? yeah electrolyte imbalance is the confirmation. ugh when so many things goes high or low, so annoying cause thats also frustrates the doctors which makes it hard to diagnose & when she did ugh finally!. my doctor told me to drink surgary drink cause A) hoping i wont go hypo again. B) to confirm about last ailment just so i could be medicated properly at the end otherwise hoping that nothing would hinder the natural healing process. You know, when you have so many hypos in your nutritions, thats why your antioxidants goes low as well. wow too much science in one day ahaha

What I meant was that sometimes the cure is worse than the symptoms.
In my experience, and I was exactly like you, hyper,hypo, high, low, up and down constantly, the worst thing I could do was take any form of sugar.
There are better ways to achieve what your doctor wants you to do than with a sugary drink. It will send you high again!
The only way you will know is by using a blood glucose monitor.
I'm only going by my experience and what my endocrinologist has advised.
I do not have an electrolyte imbalance but if your having hypos, having hypers is not the best remedy.
Wishing you well.

Reactions: teeekilicious18

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
What I meant was that sometimes the cure is worse than the symptoms.
In my experience, and I was exactly like you, hyper,hypo, high, low, up and down constantly, the worst thing I could do was take any form of sugar.
There are better ways to achieve what your doctor wants you to do than with a sugary drink. It will send you high again!
The only way you will know is by using a blood glucose monitor.
I'm only going by my experience and what my endocrinologist has advised.
I do not have an electrolyte imbalance but if your having hypos, having hypers is not the best remedy.
Wishing you well.
yay thanks! shud i buy the glucose monitor online or at my hospital pharmacy? i like online cause it cheaper, $20 whereas hospital pharmacy is $80-$100 :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yay thanks! shud i buy the glucose monitor online or at my hospital pharmacy? i like online cause it cheaper, $20 whereas hospital pharmacy is $80-$100 :(

Buy it online, the cost of the monitor, is the first part, what you have to budget for is the test strips. You can get deals on them if you buy in quantity.
Do shop around and test, test, test.

There is a sticky on our forum on how to get the best results out of your monitor.
I'll tag @Brunneria to give you the link.

Let us know how you get on or if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

@teeekilicious18 In your post above, you show a progression -> In that you say that your electrolyte imbalance is causing your low blood sugar.

So if your electrolyte imbalance is corrected, will that sort out your low sugars?

Did your doctor advise you to buy a blood glucose meter?

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@teeekilicious18 In your post above, you show a progression -> In that you say that your electrolyte imbalance is causing your low blood sugar.

So if your electrolyte imbalance is corrected, will that sort out your low sugars?

Did your doctor advise you to buy a blood glucose meter?
the electrolyte imbalance will never be corrected, only temporary 'ok' thats why it says imbalance. the low sugar can happen at any time we never know. the sugar levels can be from normal or low. he hasnt advised properly though but if I'm worried then might as well. He only advised sugary drinks if I get dehydrated. Its because of my stubborn phosphate got me nervous. even my phosphate can be high or normal, never low. oh man, its confusing. this is why I can never be released from checkups :( I think I have forgotten to go to an appointment haha I wonder what is it for, I was too busy

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Buy it online, the cost of the monitor, is the first part, what you have to budget for is the test strips. You can get deals on them if you buy in quantity.
Do shop around and test, test, test.

There is a sticky on our forum on how to get the best results out of your monitor.
I'll tag @Brunneria to give you the link.

Let us know how you get on or if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.
omg i wanna see ! :) i want to get the one that can give out accurate measurements.

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
also guys, it feels like its the joke of the year that I keep getting complaints "I have lost weight" hahaha when i dont feel it, I havent check my weight as well but I feel light though. because I used to be fat... say what? and all of my shirts are bigger than my now size heheh O_O would you like to go shopping w me? Lol!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the electrolyte imbalance will never be corrected, only temporary 'ok' thats why it says imbalance. the low sugar can happen at any time we never know. the sugar levels can be from normal or low. he hasnt advised properly though but if I'm worried then might as well. He only advised sugary drinks if I get dehydrated. Its because of my stubborn phosphate got me nervous. even my phosphate can be high or normal, never low. oh man, its confusing. this is why I can never be released from checkups :( I think I have forgotten to go to an appointment haha I wonder what is it for, I was too busy

Many, many moons ago, when I had an eating disorder, the thing that eventually drove me to ask for help were the symptoms of an imbalance to my electrolytes. Thankfully, I recovered from both the eating disorder and the electrolytic imbalance.

I'm curious to enquire who advised your imbalance would be permanent? I'd like to read some more about that, if you have any relevant links to research, please?

Reactions: azure

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Many, many moons ago, when I had an eating disorder, the thing that eventually drove me to ask for help were the symptoms of an imbalance to my electrolytes. Thankfully, I recovered from both the eating disorder and the electrolytic imbalance.

I'm curious to enquire who advised your imbalance would be permanent? I'd like to read some more about that, if you have any relevant links to research, please?

its because I have things that causes it. hypoparathyroidism. then there will always be sth new, since its so confusing thats why they call that and thats how I got it. people deal things differently :) it was a shock when magnesium become involved.

Last edited:

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
its because I have things that causes it. hypoparathyroidism. then there will always be sth new, since its so confusing thats why they call that and thats how I got it. people deal things differently :) it was a shock when magnesium become involved.

There's some information about hypoparathyroidism here:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/hypopa...thyroidism/Pages/Introduction.aspx#treatments

I remember you posted your blood tests here before and were concerned about phosphate amongst other things. As you now know what's causing your symptoms, you may find more information and support from organisations and forums that deal with that condition. There are a couple I saw when I googled :)

I wish you good health :)

Reactions: Prem51

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
There's some information about hypoparathyroidism here:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/hypopa...thyroidism/Pages/Introduction.aspx#treatments

I remember you posted your blood tests here before and were concerned about phosphate amongst other things. As you now know what's causing your symptoms, you may find more information and support from organisations and forums that deal with that condition. There are a couple I saw when I googled :)

I wish you good health :)
yup, I have joined a forum site for hypoth and even have skype with the president before. hypopth is also known as parathyroid disease so I'm kinda surprise parathyroid can be link w diabetes in which ever ways because its only a process somehow since hypoth there are no such thing as hormone replacement unlike any other thyroid conditions once its damaged. try google parathroid disease & its low magnesium symptoms. thanks for the advice ;) i will update ya if I am getting any more hypoglycemia attacks, mwah. Je'taime tu azuré! bonjour!

Last edited: