Hovering around instead

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi. I wanted to thank @Brunneria for taking the time to message me to clarify a few things when I decided to make myself scarce following frustration I was feeling in relation to a worrying degree of negative comments between a small number Type 1 and Type 2 posters. Without going into it...Brunneria's words (along with the support of some others) have made me realise my reaction was a bit knee-jerkish. Moderators can only do so much directly and if we all gave up there would be less and less experienced input on the site. Anyway, I have decided to hover about for a bit, looking at the forums etc. rather than entirely head off in the huff. I won't be posting as much (probably)as I was pre-huff and will definitely avoid commenting on Type 1 questions. In fact, think I'll stick with "my" type. Thanks, @Brunneria.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
pleased to see you still with us @pleinster
your knowledge and thoughtfulness is much needed here.

xx

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Lovely encouraging replies. Thank you.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm glad you are back too @pleinster. I realised I know very little about T1 after having a couple of welcome posts to new T1 members moderated, so now I just stick to a generalised welcome and leave it to the T1s to advise them.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad you are back too @pleinster. I realised I know very little about T1 after having a couple of welcome posts to new T1 members moderated, so now I just stick to a generalised welcome and leave it to the T1s to advise them.

At the risk of being contentious, would be nice if Type 1's would show Type 2's the same courtesy ;)

Reactions: hankjam

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Everybody's encouragement is helpful and really appreciated.
When I was first looking was looking for help it was good to see replies from experienced posters not only because their experience adds some gravitas but also that they have bothered to stick around and help others.