How did you feel about switching onto injections?

NewdestinyX

Diagnosed with type2 13years ago, managed by diet for three years then I was taking max dose metformin and gliclzide for nine years. Was referred to hospital diabetic clinic in April and put straight on to insulin (Lantus) four weeks later they added novorapid. I now inject four times a day and am struggling to get used to it. We are away in America soon and dreading trying to deal with time change, going out in day and having to find a ladies room to do my injection. Any advice please.

I've been injecting insulin with the Flex Pens for 9 years and I just inject right through shirt sort of just under the table at a restaurant. No need to go to bathroom. If you use vials then harder to do in public though I've seen that too. The Flex Pens are super convenient but more expensive too. But inject right through your shirt/blouse. Easy.

The time change will take about 2 days to adjust to. No prob. I do European travel a lot. No big.

brcsmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Nothing really
My Endocrinologist put me on Humalog (fast acting) and Levemir (slow acting) insulin and an incretin (Victoza). I'm a type 2. Most everything I read said putting a type 2 on insulin is a death sentance, because it will raise insulin levels above what is safe. I did it anyway. Normal lab insulin range here is 0 to 10. What i've read is above 10 puts you at 5 times risk for heart attack. Last blood labs showed a level of 116. This is not good. I've stopped all my insulin and guess what? My blood sugars went down and my insulin levels went down to a more reasonable level, 27. I'm hoping to get it even lower.

ALL MAJOR CHRONIC DISEASES ARE CAUSED BY HIGH INSULIN!

Drugs are not a cure for a nutritional disease! High insulin is what causes type 2 diabetes.

Since I've not taken insulin I'm losing about a pound a day. :thumbup:
I don't think your post is very helpful and I fear for your future.

I few years ago, I was going through a bout of depression. I stopped taking ALL my meds and convinced myself that I felt batter and was losing weight. What I didn't realise was that I was basing this on how I felt and other external factors. The internal factors were my blood glucose levels were sky high at 28.something. Believe me, you are not given medication for any other reason than you need it. I am now on Humalin I morning and night. I am not perfect but in a much better place than I was. Still struggle with depression but still alive and kicking.

Reactions: NewdestinyX