How much do you let your partner do.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I had a friend (whose now Ex) did 5 suicide attempts. My friend suffered enormously through this thinking his partner had seriously tried taking his life....
No, he hadn't- his ex partners stories all fell apart... It took my friend absolute the most awful experiences to realise that his partner was using these "suicide" bids to lie and to manipulate my friend's feelings and to actually put fear in his life.

Nobody can tell you what to do but please speak to your Gp, tell your GP what is happening...

You are being used as a Carer, not as a Partner, Lover, Wife....

Stusky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi a little update after lots of talking we come to the point where hubby going to do own needles and I am going to help with carbs to insulin ratio we going to work together to improve things and see how it goes taking baby steps not going to be easy but we going to try x

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Now that sounds hopeful that's you helping him to help himself. :)

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi a little update after lots of talking we come to the point where hubby going to do own needles and I am going to help with carbs to insulin ratio we going to work together to improve things and see how it goes taking baby steps not going to be easy but we going to try x
Good luck with it. Have you found someone to talk to? As your husband will still try and manipulate you and you don't need that.

Reactions: 2 people

Stusky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi yes my sister I have talked to she could see it but didn't want say I told him if I want to go somewhere and he don't I will still go and I not going to play his silly games

Reactions: 4 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I still think you need a professional of some sort who knows about living with a man like you husband. And support you.