How well are you maintaining your ideal weight?

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Bruinneria I already look like a deflated hot air balloon and dont like it.My photo was taken two years ago in Oxford I was 11 stone then at 5ft 6 i am now 9 and half stone,I am now looking to maintain my weight,I dont snack and never felt the need to,I am now eating more protein and more fat.my Dn tells me not to eat fat and more carbs,but dosent make sence as BS will go up,my LDL has gone down from 2.5 to 2 so fat is doing no harm.

Reactions: 4 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm 5' 7 and a half inches and weigh 12st 3lb. Top of the range for my height is 11st 7lb and that's my aim for now. My waist is 35" so I'm guessing I'll have to go below 11st 7lb to achieve a healthy waistline. Size 14 jeans are quite baggy on me now. Weird because 30 years ago I would have needed a 14 at 11st to accommodate my bottom! My ideal weight was 10st then. Below that and I got comments that I was too thin. I bought some size 12 jeans from the Per Una range in M and S the other day. I can do them up but all the flesh around my midrif bunches up above the waistband. Not a good look. !!!
I'm getting comments from colleagues and friends and family that I need to stop losing weight. I can't make them understand the complexities of balancing BG levels with weight goals. I understand their concern but I'm getting a bit fed up with the comments. I've started to tell them what I weigh. They can't argue with that but they do comment that I'm bound to be thicker set now that I'm older. The problem is I have no control over where the fat disappears from!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The experts say that our waist measurement round the tummy button should be less than half your height in inches. I have lost all my weight, my BMI is 21.6, my thighs, arms, and trunk look like deflated balloons, and size 12 Per Una jeans are too big for me round the waist! Yet my waist is still an inch or two more than recommended. I've given up on it.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm not sure what I'm doing differently but I seem to have stabilised my weight at around 71 kg (11 st 2 lb) by just eating a bit more (not carbs). But I haven't done my normal exercise for the last week or so, so that could be a factor. I'm only weighing myself once a week though.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have any scales. I go to boots at 9am every Saturday. :)
I read somewhere last week that 35" waist for women is the beginning of the danger zone. Bluetit's measuring method puts me in the danger zone by 2.5". So I still have a great deal of work to do . I'm also looking like a let down balloon but nobody sees it so that's good !!

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I find 2 or 3 small new potatoes are fine, but I do put butter on them. They wouldn't be the same without, and the butter helps with the potential spike. Similarly, we cook our roasts in duck fat, so that helps with the couple of roasties I have on a Sunday, and the chips I have are homemade and deep fried twice in rapeseed oil, so probably better for BS than oven baked, and I only have 6 or 7. (at the moment!)

I am on between 60 and 65g of carbs and really want to keep to that level until I am totally satisfied with my BS levels. It's my HbA1c this week and I'm getting nervous!
I don't know if this appeals to either of you but I use a lot of the ready made lurpack garlic butter. As I am cooking, I cut a sliver off and eat it. It sounds weird but it tastes yummy! Anyway got to go as back to work today:(

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Ideal weight?
Rhetorical question really, what is ideal weight.
At 5ft 10" I was 15 Stone on diagnosis with T2, early June decided to go down LCHF path, since then have dropped 3 stone basically on 1200cals per day a little extra exercise and two weeks ago weighed in at 11St 10lbs, still on LCHF, still a little more exercise but now 11St 12lbs, had decided 11 and half stone was my goal weight but my body had decided otherwise. Don't really want to go below 1200cals per day since I find this is easily doable. By they way all home testing of BG is within non diabetic ranges, apart from the very very odd slip, say 3 times since June when I have had a single daily reading of approaching 9.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ideal weight?
At 5ft 10" I was 15 Stone on diagnosis with T2, early June decided to go down LCHF path, since then have dropped 3 stone basically on 1200cals per day a little extra exercise and two weeks ago weighed in at 11St 10lbs, still on LCHF, still a little more exercise but now 11St 12lbs, had decided 11 and half stone was my goal weight but my body had decided otherwise. Don't really want to go below 1200cals per day since I find this is easily doable. By they way all home testing of BG is within non diabetic ranges, apart from the very very odd slip, say 3 times since June when I have had a single daily reading of approaching 9.
Would be ecstatic to be 11st 10! Am fluctuating between 12 St 6-7

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Would be ecstatic to be 11st 10! Am fluctuating between 12 St 6-7
Problem I have is I have set a goal and being a pedantic B, don't like it when it doesn't happen to my schedule, but all being well I will get there, once there can re-evaluate and decide what to do next. Onward and downward or static in my case lol.

Reactions: 3 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ideal weight?
Perhaps I should have said target weight. I started this thread because I know many people are struggling To maintain and NOT lose more. I have 9lb to lose before I can say I'm no longer overweight but I'm conscious of the fact that I need to be thinking of stabilising now. I'm losing weight from the wrong places! I want it to go from my midrif. Up to my 30s I was a pear shape but now I'm an apple. Ha ha never satisfied! I know I have a great deal to be thankful for though. ;-)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Perhaps I should have said target weight. I started this thread because I know many people are struggling To maintain and NOT lose more. I have 9lb to lose before I can say I'm no longer overweight but I'm conscious of the fact that I need to be thinking of stabilising now. I'm losing weight from the wrong places! I want it to go from my midrif. Up to my 30s I was a pear shape but now I'm an apple. Ha ha never satisfied! I know I have a great deal to be thankful for though. ;-)
I want it to go from my tummy, thighs and arms. All 2 St 6 of it! Still! At least I only look 5 months preggers from the side now! Guess it's all relative!

alliebee

I agree its worth thinking about maintaining before you get to your target
I just couldn't stop losing and lost a further 5 lbs more than I wanted to. I've stopped now. Just by a few tweaks of more cheese some red wine. ...and larger portions. My bgs initially went up a bit but seem to be settling now. I never dreamed in my life I would be worried about weight loss. Lol...I eat lchf and allow myself 50g of carbs a day to maintain

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I want it to go from my tummy, thighs and arms. All 2 St 6 of it! Still! At least I only look 5 months preggers from the side now! Guess it's all relative!
I used to look as though I was having twins one in my tummy and one in my bottom!!! It's gone from my hips, arms ... Well it's gone from everywhere but less so round the waist area which is where we need to lose it from. I feel bad moaning about that. Part of me is pleased that I can now where more or less what I want but part of me can't get used to it and I feel guilty knowing my daughter is struggling with her weight. I understand what she's going through though. I try not to talk about my weight loss because I find I'm s bit self conscious about it.
Be patient Scandichic. It will happen. Don't worry about the speed for now. I know you know that and remember we're all here. :)