Type 1 i can't take much more.....

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
Sounds dramatic but its true. Its really getting me down and i cant stop crying. More low days than high, hardly go out, its totally taken over my life.Am i the only one who cant handle this??

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi c I am sorry to hear your going through this. I think I can say aloy of d can experience this and it sucks! Is your d nurse helping?

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
Hi c I am sorry to hear your going through this. I think I can say aloy of d can experience this and it sucks! Is your d nurse helping?
Yes she is, i am in contact with her around 3 times a week, she will get fed up of me. Its just really getting me down and cant seem to get my head around it all

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's ok to contact her often it's part of being new to it. My nurse was my life line to begin with. Have they said if you may do daffine course? Or pump? In the future? I have had it 15years there are up and down days but just to say it can get better than where you are today

Reactions: 3 people

kerryjb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
having type 1 diabetes
Sounds dramatic but its true. Its really getting me down and i cant stop crying. More low days than high, hardly go out, its totally taken over my life.Am i the only one who cant handle this??
No your not alone, I think most people do experience what you are at the moment. Speak to people who can offer you support including your gp and nurse, be honest dont be ashamed to say how youre feeling its only natural to go through some of these feelings - diabetes is a big thing to get your head around Im still trying only diagnosed 7 weeks ago

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
It's ok to contact her often it's part of being new to it. My nurse was my life line to begin with. Have they said if you may do daffine course? Or pump? In the future? I have had it 15years there are up and down days but just to say it can get better than where you are today
no, nothing been mentioned bout pump etc, just injections are hard.

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
No your not alone, I think most people do experience what you are at the moment. Speak to people who can offer you support including your gp and nurse, be honest dont be ashamed to say how youre feeling its only natural to go through some of these feelings - diabetes is a big thing to get your head around Im still trying only diagnosed 7 weeks ago
your so positive for a newbie. Thank you. I dot want to burden anyone but at the same time, im not in a good place right now.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone it seems that you all have something in common being newly diagnosed it took me about 6 months to get up on my feet. That was only because of my tiredness, adjustment and my family.
I found my nurse, my friends were massive in it and research. I did a lot of googling which answered a lot of things. I personally always found mixed insulin the hardest

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe ask your nurse about alternatives? Like courses pumps Eric they can help. Knowledge is power

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
Hi everyone it seems that you all have something in common being newly diagnosed it took me about 6 months to get up on my feet. That was only because of my tiredness, adjustment and my family.
I found my nurse, my friends were massive in it and research. I did a lot of googling which answered a lot of things. I personally always found mixed insulin the hardest
whats mixed insulin?? i do nothing but google!! there is so much info around, its great

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you tAke two injections a day that has a mixture of short and long term insulin. I like your googling energy!!!

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
i have novorapid pen 3 times a day with meals and a lantus long acting pen for night time. non mixed tho

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
O I see. Excuse me there. They do mix and short and long separate. I am guessing thereby e future plans for carb counting?

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
i aint got a clue bout any of the insulin lol. yea, she said soon i will be doin that

cezli84

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
needles and Diabetes!
thats good then. thanks