Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The advice most of us would give for eating is to cut the carbs right down and have enough proteins and fats to keep you feeling full. There is a common tablet prescribed for T2 (Metformin) which helps a little but only a little. Diet is always the highest priority. If you are diagnosed with T2 be aware that metformin can cause bowel problems for a week or so so don't start it if prescribed until after your flight. Have a good trip.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hi. The advice most of us would give for eating is to cut the carbs right down and have enough proteins and fats to keep you feeling full. There is a common tablet prescribed for T2 (Metformin) which helps a little but only a little. Diet is always the highest priority. If you are diagnosed with T2 be aware that metformin can cause bowel problems for a week or so so don't start it if prescribed until after your flight. Have a good trip.
If you are diabetic, medication is not enough to hold you in stasis. You need to maintain your diet or you will get problems longterm. Don't get complacent, this will get you in trouble. Regardless of the type of diabetes....it will do you damage!!

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is Type 2, it can be managed rather easily. But if it is Type 1, then you may need to figure out more details.

NatJS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Just get your blood sugar tested and find out whether you have it. Literally no point in worrying about anything until then. Go and find out if you have it first.