I'm 'normal'!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had my blood test for my HbA1c on Thursday (4 months from diagnosis, 2 months since my last HbA1c). Last test results were on line within 24 hours, but that's not been the case this time. I've been checking every few hours over the weekend, some may say a little obsessive I know, but finally just now my result appeared! My result is 36, non diabetic range! :happy:
The night of my initial diagnosis I posted here in my 'shell shocked' state and I was very quickly showered with advise. I haven't looked back. I didn't realise how poorly I was feeling, til I started feeling better. I have so much more energy now, I sleep better, my hair isn't so greasy and my skin is clearer. I've lost 3 1/2 stone, I've dropped two or three clothes sizes so my avatar for this forum is now perfect. When I made it there wasn't a face fat enough to match mine! :joyful:
All this has been done with the help and support of everyone here, you're all wonderful! I will now get on and tell my GP how I've done it, low carb diet and self monitoring, simple!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had my blood test for my HbA1c on Thursday (4 months from diagnosis, 2 months since my last HbA1c). Last test results were on line within 24 hours, but that's not been the case this time. I've been checking every few hours over the weekend, some may say a little obsessive I know, but finally just now my result appeared! My result is 36, non diabetic range! :happy:
The night of my initial diagnosis I posted here in my 'shell shocked' state and I was very quickly showered with advise. I haven't looked back. I didn't realise how poorly I was feeling, til I started feeling better. I have so much more energy now, I sleep better, my hair isn't so greasy and my skin is clearer. I've lost 3 1/2 stone, I've dropped two or three clothes sizes so my avatar for this forum is now perfect. When I made it there wasn't a face fat enough to match mine! :joyful:
All this has been done with the help and support of everyone here, you're all wonderful! I will now get on and tell my GP how I've done it, low carb diet and self monitoring, simple!

Keep posting. Keep inspiring.
Well done.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done Rachox, you've done an excellent job and have benefitted hugely. 36! You absolute pearler.

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Complete superstar and very well done indeed.
I remember some of your early posts and recognised many of the things you were feeling but am so pleased to see you back in control of your health.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Congrats on your wonderful results, @Rachox. All your hard work paid off -- I am so happy for you.

Reactions: Prem51

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done - that's an excellent achievement! Now just keep up with all that good work!

Robbity

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's not so simple. Don't cut yourself short. You worked very hard and were very determined. That's something to be proud of. Hats off to you sister!! Rocking it. Pat yourself on the back. Not everyone has your willpower.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well done @Rachox
Far from "normal" wonderwoman! Enjoy your new life.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love it!
Well done :D
And don't forget that none of it would have happened without you having an open mind and being willing to embrace all the hard work :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thats absolutely wonderful! Big hug and a big well done to you for all your hard work. :) x

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderful results Rachox,you have worked really hard and had determination,reading this spurs me on,really pleased for you,big hugs!!:):)

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Brilliant stuff! It's a wonderful feeling when you feel back in control.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Inspiring result @Rachox well done! :)

Advice from the forum is one thing, but acting on it is where all the hard work comes in - and you have worked hard and deserve this result. Brilliant!.

Reactions: OrsonKartt