I'm on the break of giving up :(

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm so depressed at the moment i cryed at a parcel i received about how the pump is so good ect, why don't the doctors understand that i'd benefit from a pump more

I do carb count ect :( i just need a bit of time to realize they won't give me one i guess :[

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sorry you are so down. There are times when it all gets to much for all of us. However you know that giving up is not the answer.

Have the doctors given a reason why they will not give you a pump or told you what you need to do to get one?

Hang in there. The night always seems darkest before dawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am sorry you are so down. There are times when it all gets to much for all of us. However you know that giving up is not the answer.

Have the doctors given a reason why they will not given you a pump or told you what you need to do to get one?

Hang in there. The night always seems darkest before dawn.

nope my doctors aint trained in type 1 diabetes unfortuantly so they refer me to the hospital and the hospital never seem to want to know me or send appointments :[

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sorry Dashing, but what are the reasons why you want to change to a pump and what are your HCP's reason for refusing the change over?

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry Dashing, but what are the reasons why you want to change to a pump and what are your HCP's reason for refusing the change over?

they just said there's more important things on the nhs to spend money on :[
and because it benefit me & my lifestyle more as i have a very active lifestyle i work wierd shifts and i just think in general it will benift not just me but my confidence and stuff i get panic attacks when i go for meals and i just tend to try avoid situations like that.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
they just said there's more important things on the nhs to spend money on :[
and because it benefit me & my lifestyle more as i have a very active lifestyle i work wierd shifts and i just think in general it will benift not just me but my confidence and stuff i get panic attacks when i go for meals and i just tend to try avoid situations like that.

Again I apologise but we have so many members posting and do forget what's been previously said, have you been on a carb counting course such as DAFNE, perhaps some one-to-one counselling will help with your panic attacks or your gp may be able to prescribe some meds to ease your anxiety.

Reactions: 2 people

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Again I apologise but we have so many members posting and do forget what's been previously said, have you been on a carb counting course such as DAFNE, perhaps some one-to-one counselling will help with your panic attacks or your gp may be able to prescribe some meds to ease your anxiety.

Nothing will solve my anxiety :'( we've tryed everything and yes i went on dafne and i know how to carb count :D x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Nothing will solve my anxiety :'( we've tryed everything and yes i went on dafne and i know how to carb count :D x

I'm sure Counselling would help in some way, better to ask for help than suffer alone, anxiety must be an awful thing to live with.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I'm so depressed at the moment i cryed at a parcel i received about how the pump is so good ect, why don't the doctors understand that i'd benefit from a pump more

I do carb count ect :( i just need a bit of time to realize they won't give me one i guess :[
After reading this thread http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/am-i-the-only-one-who-wants-a-pump.65577/ all the reasons for you not having a pump yet are contained in it.
There is no way on earth you will benefit from a pump because you are incapable of operating one.
You need to learn the ins and outs of controlling your diabetes, keeping records and showing that you are making every effort to control your diabetes.
A pump is not plug and play it's only as good as the user.
Bottom line is you have to put the effort in and show you can be trusted.
Sorry if I sound harsh but nothing is handed out on a plate anymore.

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After reading this thread http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/am-i-the-only-one-who-wants-a-pump.65577/ all the reasons for you not having a pump yet are contained in it.
There is no way on earth you will benefit from a pump because you are incapable of operating one.
You need to learn the ins and outs of controlling your diabetes, keeping records and showing that you are making every effort to control your diabetes.
A pump is not plug and play it's only as good as the user.
Bottom line is you have to put the effort in and show you can be trusted.
Sorry if I sound harsh but nothing is handed out on a plate anymore.
i was trolling on that thread :L

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't want a pump at all Don't even understand why ppl want it :confused:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Deleted my comments after "trolling" notification from poster.....

Last edited by a moderator:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@dashing

Perhaps you could explain why you wanted to troll on your other thread. I guess this thread is going to be the same?

Dashing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
no i'm going to be mature now. I just was down and thought it be funny to troll, i find it so stupid and i'll like to apologize

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
as you said, you have an anxiety disorder. moods are a funny thing
cheers

moz1

Been there wanting to give up so sympathise with you totally. You will come through this talk to people who know what it is like - you are already as you posting on here! Keep going keep talking try to focus on any positives past or present or future. I had to go on meds for about 8 months to get my brain back in balance and I do not know if I would have made it without them. I Still have dark times but I try to focus on positives and get on with it.

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
pump takes away your freedom, i've not had one but injecting is far better as u can inject as much as you want and sometimes hypo's are healthy rather than having high sugars, i see the pump as an inconvenience if you are physically active doing sports, and stuff that might get in the way, but i'm more of a laid back guy, a pump might be good for my position but I don't want to have to replace the injection system every 3 days

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
no i'm going to be mature now. I just was down and thought it be funny to troll, i find it so stupid and i'll like to apologize

Apology accepted (by me anyway) Dashing, but really , doing that sort of thing is not how to get people to help you. But, I'm sure you really know that.

I hope your appointment today goes well. Come back and let us know how it goes. Provided you do mean it, there are people who will help you work through the steps you need to take to get a pump, but only if you're committed and truthful in your dealings with them.

(I bet I sound like your mother. :))

Reactions: 4 people