In denial

Strachan1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I really don't want a life injecting. Even thinking they have diagnosed me wrong! This is all down to having steroids for 25 years for my asthma. Now the hair is thinning. Ended up with no hair 2006. Brain tumour. Now type 1. I just can't get a break from fighting for my health. I'm worn out and can't take none of this in, because I don't want too. Do I have any other options?
Very depressed and no motivation.

Wshelledy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry you are feeling this way! None of us want to do all the things we have to do, all the sacrifices of being a diabetic. I know you can't see it right now but a part of why you feel this way may be bc your blood glucose levels aren't controlled. The ups and downs take a big toll on our psyches. My suggestion is to focus outside of yourself. Find soneone or something to give you a reason to try. Try for one meal, one injection, one test. We all struggle. Sometimes we fail. But forgive yourself and get past that time. You are not alone!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I really don't want a life injecting. Even thinking they have diagnosed me wrong! This is all down to having steroids for 25 years for my asthma. Now the hair is thinning. Ended up with no hair 2006. Brain tumour. Now type 1. I just can't get a break from fighting for my health. I'm worn out and can't take none of this in, because I don't want too. Do I have any other options?
Very depressed and no motivation.

You can only do what you do .... sounds tough, but treat each new day as if it's the first. A lot of T1s on here but you sure have had your fair share. I'd be lost a bit as well, but the "I don't want to" is not the path I'd take. I've seen some brave souls on here with a lot on their plate, but they battle on. It's a life choice, so do your best and my best to you

Mike

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Strachan1 Sounds like you have had a tough time., it's pretty normal to feel this way, I very often think t1 diagnosis for many is like grieving and so if you understand the stages of grief there is denial, anger, resentment, acceptance. I also couldn't bear to contemplate a lifetime of testing and injecting, but it does become very matter of fact, I thoroughly recommend reading 'think like a pancreas' written also by a t1. I also took up meditation to help me live in the present rather than worry about the future, this and exercising has helped me a lot. Please also message me if you need support happy to chat :)

D

Deleted Account

As everyone else has said, you have had a tough time.
Diabetes seems to get everyone down at some point and at the start it feels terrible with so much to take on board.
For me, I focus on famous people with type 1 diabetes: if Halle Berry can kick a**e with type 1 and Steve Redgrave can win Olympic medals with type 1 and Theresa May can lead the country (in her own "special" way) with type 1, ... diabetes is not the end of my life. I can still do what I want and I have - I have trekked through the Himalayas, I have sailed across the Channel, I have sky-dived, I have rock climbed in the Alps, I have tracked gorillas in Uganda, I have built houses in Ghana, I have found a man who loves me, I have succeeded in a man's world as an engineer, ...
You asked if you have any other options - the world is still your oyster and it is worth fighting for.

Good luck.

Reactions: Wayne18000

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
In brief - not a lot of option, no...but looking at what you have coped with so far, you'll cope with this as you are clearly - pretty tough stuff. You are overwhelmed a bit right now which is okay and shows that you are sane; let's face it, you'd need to be bonkers to smile and dance about it. You will adapt. This site will help..even if you just want to download. I'm Type 2...my diabetes caused by steroid treatment post transplant. It is what it is. the sure fire way to feel more empowered is to take control of it as much as you can. So that is what you will do. Good luck.