Insight insulin pump

S

Smammer

I am having my roche combo spirit changed in September for an insight pump has anyone got an insight pump I am told the cartridges are pre filled can anyone update me thanks

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Smammer , and thanks @Jaylee for the tag,

I didn't have a choice of pump (was a bit miffed at the time!), and had read a lot on here about people's experiences with the Insight. It's the only pump I have had, and I absolutely love it!

The convenience of NOT having to fill a reservoir with insulin and sorting out any bubbles is fantastic! A cartridge lasts me for 5-6 days, and it's really easy to change. Due also perhaps to the fact that it has a cartridge rather than a reservoir, the part where the hosepipe comes out of the pump is very sleek, making the actual pump look and feel very attractive - I know it's not about the 'look', but I'm shallow like that!

Dealing with a cartridge change is straightforward. I make sure I take my NEXT cartridge out of the fridge at every cartridge change, and pop it into the zippy case I carry round with me (it's a Joe's Small-in-one - highly recommended) so it's ready to be popped in immediately when it's needed. A cartridge holds 160u, 14 of which (in the case of a 70cm hosepipe, which is my preferred size) are used to fill the hosepipe, and 0.7u (depending on type and size, obv) to fill the cannula. So that's 145-ish units available per cartridge (as I don't think the unit counter counts what's in the hosepipe when it says the cartridge is running low - I might be wrong on this though). The fact that it holds this amount might be a faff for those on more insulin, but it suits my TDD of between around 22u and 28u perfectly.

I have had two (minor, non-dangerous, just annoying) issues with my pump (the fabulous handset's on/off switch misbehaving) and Roche customer services have been amazing.

I LOVE MY PUMP!

:happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: JimC and k9badger

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I have the pump too, anything you would like to know just ask away

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Good pump but have they got all the cannulas available yet??

S

Smammer

Hi @Smammer , and thanks @Jaylee for the tag,

I didn't have a choice of pump (was a bit miffed at the time!), and had read a lot on here about people's experiences with the Insight. It's the only pump I have had, and I absolutely love it!

The convenience of NOT having to fill a reservoir with insulin and sorting out any bubbles is fantastic! A cartridge lasts me for 5-6 days, and it's really easy to change. Due also perhaps to the fact that it has a cartridge rather than a reservoir, the part where the hosepipe comes out of the pump is very sleek, making the actual pump look and feel very attractive - I know it's not about the 'look', but I'm shallow like that!

Dealing with a cartridge change is straightforward. I make sure I take my NEXT cartridge out of the fridge at every cartridge change, and pop it into the zippy case I carry round with me (it's a Joe's Small-in-one - highly recommended) so it's ready to be popped in immediately when it's needed. A cartridge holds 160u, 14 of which (in the case of a 70cm hosepipe, which is my preferred size) are used to fill the hosepipe, and 0.7u (depending on type and size, obv) to fill the cannula. So that's 145-ish units available per cartridge (as I don't think the unit counter counts what's in the hosepipe when it says the cartridge is running low - I might be wrong on this though). The fact that it holds this amount might be a faff for those on more insulin, but it suits my TDD of between around 22u and 28u perfectly.

I have had two (minor, non-dangerous, just annoying) issues with my pump (the fabulous handset's on/off switch misbehaving) and Roche customer services have been amazing.

I LOVE MY PUMP!

:happy::happy::happy:
sorry not replied before only been in hospital and only been out a couple of days at the moment I am having problem with blood sugar control with the heat I have decided to go for the insight pump will talk later

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Smammer , sorry to hear you've been in hospital - hope you're feeling much better.

Take care, and all the best with your pump - do stay in touch on the forum with how it all goes!

Hugs.

:)