Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I am Giles,
I am married to Karen and we have two boys, each with type one. Harvey our eldest was diagnosed at the age of 13, he is now 19. Our youngest Theo was diagnosed on his 12th Birthday, he will be 16 next month.
We were incredibly unlucky with one child but two! What are the chances? Apparently the odds drop from very, very high to about 10 to 1 if a sibling is diagnosed.
It had been tough and it doesn’t get easier as Harvey nearly 20 and he wants to be as normal as possible but it’s not possible, do there are arguments with regards to his diet and drinking! Our worry is that Theo will soon be hitting this age!
We will keep fighting and doing what we can for them, in the hope that a cure will be found to give them a near normal life away from injections
I try and help when I can and have run marathons etc to help raise much needed funds for such a worthy charity.
Pleased to be part of the community, thank you Giles

Goldenhawk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All, I'm Louisa, 41, F. I was diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 in 2014 after a a period of extreme stress at university. I managed to push it into remission for a few years, but it's back now and it's being stubborn about sticking around regardless of any diet/meds this time.
I was born in the USA, but I'm British and live in the Midlands now with my husband, 2 cats and 2 rabbits. I like travelling and am fortunate enough to get the opportunity to travel for work. I've been to France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Poland, UAE, Greece, USA, Canada, and Ireland. My favourite city - Durham in the UK. The cathedral and town is lovely.

Baldeagle73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name? Len
- How old are you? 73
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? Uk
- Which city/area do you live in? Newcastle upon Tyne
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality.. Friendly, easy going, compassionate.
- Do you have any pets? Yes. Yorkshire Terrier.
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? None
- Do you get angry easily? No
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? None
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Beatles, Neil Diamond, Fleetwood Mac, Abba, Beachboys.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Soft rock.
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping? Yes. Many times when younger.
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No.
- Which countries have you visited?Very well travelled including all European, USA, Bali, African countries, Mauritius, UAE, My favourite is Thailand.
- Favourite city? New York.
- List your five favourite TV programmes.Most documentaries, Mr Bean, Friends, Coronation Street, Only Fools and Horses.
- List your five favourite films.The Great Escape, Ghost, Gladiator,most war films, most gangster films.
- Are you wealthy? Not as wealthy as I used to be.
- Do you work? If so, as what? Retired Construction Estimator/Quantity Surveyor.
- List the subjects you study/have studied.Associate of the Institute of Building. ACIOB.
- What do you like most about yourself? High integrity and honesty, intelligence, Compassion for others, Considerate.
- What do you like least about yourself?Anxious, Aspergers so see the world different to others, Can be over serious.

Have fun!

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak and Antje77

Jenny280116

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've never used a forum before so please bear with me!

- What is your name? - Jenny
- How old are you? - 56 - nearly 57
- Are you male or female? - Female
- Which country are you from? - United Kingdom
- Which city/area do you live in? - Leicester
- Are you religious? - I have beliefs
- Pick three words to describe your personality. - Empathetic, caring, loyal.
- Do you have any pets? - A nearly 6 year old neurotic cockapoo and a 3 year old 3-legged cocker spaniel - my furbabies
- Microsoft or Apple? - Both
- Do you get angry easily? - Only if someone hurts my loved ones.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? - Ears pierced. Tattoos in various non-visible places.
- Ever gone camping? - As a child
- Ever been in love? - Yes.
- Ever used fake tan? - No.
- Which countries have you visited? - France, Germany, Spain, Greece
- List your five favourite films. - Love Actually, 50 First Dates, Shawshank Redemption
- Are you wealthy? - I wish.
- Do you work? If so, as what? - Self employed medical audio typist.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
I’m John
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
Male
- Which country are you from?
Uk
- Which city/area do you live in?
South Yorkshire
- Are you religious?
Nope
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
Loyal hard worker family
- Do you have any pets?
Nope
- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
None
- Do you get angry easily?
Oh yes
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
Tattoo of sons name on my right wrist
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
None
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
80s
Uk
- Ever gone camping?
Yes
- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
Nope
- Which countries have you visited?
Spain, Cyprus
- Favourite city?
Plymouth
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
Police interceptors, anything police , 7 little Johnson’s knight rider air wolf
- List your five favourite films.
Goonies,Oliver twist, annie , Pete’s dragon rocky
- Are you wealthy?
Nope
- Do you work? If so, as what?
Bus driver for elderly and disabled kids
- List the subjects you study/have studied.

- What do you like most about yourself?

- What do you like least about yourself?

HayleyW80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am Hayley. I am female, 43 years old and from Bromley in Kent (England).

- Pick three words to describe your personality - Sociable, fun, caring
- Do you have any pets? - 4 cats

I work as a supply teacher/nanny

• Friendly
Reactions: Prancy and jjraak

Showe1986

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A little about me
My name is Stephen and I am a 37 year old man with Type 1 Diabetes. I was diagnosed when I was 18 months old and am incredibly grateful and respectful to my mum for everything she did for me as a growing diabetic child, it must have been a nightmare at times with 5 other kids running riot.

I was born in Rochford, Essex and raised in Basildon but moved to Spalding, Lincolnshire when I was 15 with my mum and younger sister.

When I finished school I trained as a carpenter and joiner which I absolutely loved. It was my dream job since I was about 9 and could always be found chipping away at some old chunk of timber. I became incredibly ill in 2006 and was admitted to hospital as I was in excruciating abdominal pain and unable to eat or drink which caused me to lose half of my body weight. I was in hospital for 4 months before being diagnosed with peripheral and autonomic neuropathy which had spread to my legs after a matter of months. Thie lack of sleep and strong pain relief meant I reluctantly had to give up my dream job.

I felt things were turning around for me when I met my first love in 2010 and quickly moved to Peterborough to live with her. We married in 2013 and our daughter was born in March 2014. Apparently it wasn't to be and we separated in 2016. I still have regular contact with our daughter and she is my world. Regardless of the tales her mother spins I would do absolutely anything for our daughter.

In 2018 I met my second love and after a year we she moved in with me.We hit engaged in 2019 and married in 2021. We are now expecting a baby girl in February 2024 which is amazing as my wife was told in no uncertain terms that she will never be able to conceive a child.

The bad stuff related to my diabetes
I was put on an insulin pump by my diabetic team after taking the appropriate courses and remained on a pump for several years and have never had better control. After the breakdown of my first marriage I had to move several miles away to a small village but after a couple of years the bus service that enabled me to attend the diabetic clinic was axed and as I was unable to get to my appointment the diabetic team stopped supplying the canulas and infusion sets which left me unable to use the pump which I then had to return.
Since then my diabetes control has been terrible. My blood sugars can jump drastically up or down with the difference of a single unit of insulin.

I begged and begged to be kept on the pump but the diabetic team refused as I was "not attending clinic appointments" as if it was by choice.
I feel this is a disgusting way to treat someone especially when all other treatments have failed to improve my quality of life.

A diabetic nurse attends a clinic in the next village to me which is easy enough to get to but they saw me there once and told me I have to attend the clinic in the city centre approximately 11 miles away.
My other health problems mean that I am unable to work for a living so paying for taxis etc is way out of the question.

My wife and I are even reluctantly looking for somewhere else closer to the clinic to move to but we love our home and where it is, we should not have to uproot our lives for treatment that somebody a few miles away would get without argument.

I feel that I am being issued a prolonged death sentence just because of where I now live which has brought me here.

This is definitely the most I have ever shared about myself online

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!

RACHERLA SYAM SUNDER,AGE 65,MALE, INDIA,HYDERABAD,LIFESTYLE ENTHUSIASTIC,LIKE SUDOKU,#scclhealthclub in Instagram

NATURE.jpg

Reactions: jjraak and Prancy
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is your name? sarah i am type 2 diabetic tablet and diet controlled
- How old are you? 29 in june
- Are you male or female? female
- Which country are you from? united kingdom
- Which city/area do you live in? warwickshire
- Are you religious? no
- Pick three words to describe your personality. calm, compassionate and outgoing
- Do you have any pets? yes i have 2 dogs, 1 chameleon and a bearded dragon
- Microsoft or Apple? microsoft all the way
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? none
- Do you get angry easily? yes
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? no but would like a tattoo
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. i like all music
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? like them all but i thin the 80's is the best
- What is your favourite flag? i dont have one
- Ever gone camping? yes
- Ever been in love? yes but always ended badly
- Ever used fake tan? yes
- Which countries have you visited? paris, spain
- Favourite city? dont have one
- List your five favourite TV programmes. dont watch tv
- List your five favourite films. green mile
- Are you wealthy? no
- Do you work? If so, as what? currently self employed as a dog walker and pet sitter but i am a care assistant by trade.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. health and social care, child care animal care
- What do you like most about yourself? my personality
- What do you like least about yourself? my body

Hatfield46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

My name is Chris. I am a 57 year old male diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes back in late August. I was born in Kenilworth in Warwickshire and still live here as I stayed to care for my parents who had dementia.

I am a Chartered Engineer by trade but my speciality, if i ever had one, is Metallurgy although my career has mostly been as a jack of all trades. My last role was aftermarket technical support for gas turbines. I gave up work after 29 years to look after my surviving parent and haven't gone back since. I survive OK on a small pension and my savings.

My HbA1c was 89 in late august and I got that down to 44 by mid december by cutting down a lot on carbs. I think it would have been lower but my doctors surgery put me on statins which increased my fasting blood glucose. I have slowly increased my carbohydrate intake by eating more pulses, fruit, vegetables and wholemeal rice. I still enjoy the odd bottle of red wine and a large VAT (vodka and Tonic). I am taking 2 Metformin 500mg twice a day and seem to have been side effect free luckily. The statin on the other hand made me feel like **** in the mornings as well as affecting my blood glucose. I also have been diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia and I'm on 'watch and wait' so no treatment.

Most of my travel has been for work and I haven't had an overseas holiday since my teenage years! I own two motorcycles but haven't riden for a while. I need to get back in the saddle! I like to read and luckily my last retinal scan was clear of any impact from the diabetes. I have a wide taste in books, everything from factual books about science and nature to fictional escapism and Terry Pratchett!

I have recently been nominated by my doctors surgery for the NHS Digital Weight management programe and i must say my heart sank when I saw the options available. They're the same ones all the fat people i know have been on for ages and they're still fat if not fatter. I'm putting off making a choice for now but I suspect I will get a follow up from the surgery if I don't make a choice. I'm happier on a low carb diet but I do need some help to increase the options available to me.

@pammy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Pam Barclay I’m female aged 47 I’m from Eastkilbride just outside Glasgow in the uk I have a lassie aged 14 going to be 15 in Feb we both live together and we have 2 female cats and a bearded dragon

Reactions: Prancy and Antje77

@pammy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also I have type 2 diabetes along with depression and anxiety and emotions and mood swings I stay at home as I don’t work I have no friends as I’m alone all the time here is my pic

Attachments

• IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    837.5 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: freyabo and Prancy
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi everyone

- What is your name? chris johnston

- How old are you? 40

- Are you male or female? male

- Which country are you from? united kingdom

- Which city/area do you live in? coventry, warwickshire

- Are you religious? non practising catholic

- Pick three words to describe your personality. to friends and family im loyal, protective and quite open. to strangers im quiet,shy and closed

- Do you have any pets? no

- Microsoft or Apple? either

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? speedway, motorsports and fishing

- Do you get angry easily? i can do

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? 3 tattoos on arms

- List your five favourite musicians/bands. metallica,iron maiden,powerwolf,volbeat,sabaton

- What would you say your favourite music genre is? rock and metal

- What is your favourite flag? ireland

- Ever gone camping? every year

- Ever been in love? yes

- Ever used fake tan? no
- Which countries have you visited? most of europe
- Favourite city? galway

- Are you wealthy? i have my children so i say yes

- Do you work? If so, as what? caretaker at secondary school

- List the subjects you study/have studied. electrical services, vehicle maintenance and property maintenance

Reactions: Antje77 and Prancy

bchamp1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. Newly diagnosed T2D with my Hb1ac results of 49 and 50 mmol/l. Don’t feel anything g but I’m in one 500mg tablet per day now.
Not even sure how I came to this.
I need some help with diet I guess

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
- What is your name?
Ryan G
- How old are you?
Mael
Wales
Gwent
- Are you religious?
I like to think so as it’s a more positive & hopeful way to live
Adaptable, empathic and respectful
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Neutral
Rugby, clay shooting
Can do but worsened by conditions
Not to openly discuss
Anything happy
Anything happy
Welsh
- Ever gone camping?
No I’m straight
- Ever been in love?
I’m in love
- Ever used fake tan?
Yes on my wife
A few
- Favourite city?
Cardiff and London
Celebrity SAS, series 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Lost Boys, Pay it forward, Twin town, Last of the Mohicans & Clingfilm!
- Are you wealthy?
Rich with family love
Blood supplier to the NHS, well may as well be
Engineering and others too many to list but medical science in the last 7 to 8 years
My good points
My bad points
Have fun!

• Funny
Reactions: Prancy and Antje77

Chris24Main

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Include a photo here if you wish to. Just not a good idea these days -
- What is your name? Chris
- How old are you? 53
- Which country are you from? Britain
- Which city/area do you live in? North Yorkshire, but originally from East Fife
- Are you religious? I believe in the need for spirituality, but that any attempt to codify that is flawed.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Not Going To
- Do you have any pets? yes - two fantastic cats.
- Microsoft or Apple? Wrong choice, you use services and you use hardware - choose what's best for you.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Some time in Jui Jitsu, kayaking, and currently paddleboarding, even in winter
- Do you get angry easily? Not usually.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Nope
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Crowded House, Pink Floyd, The The, Talk Talk, Talking Heads
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Rock with emotional engagement
- What is your favourite flag? White rose of Yorkshire
- Ever gone camping? many times a year
- Ever been in love? Many times - and still very much in love
- Ever used fake tan? never
- Which countries have you visited? too many to list - grew up all over Africa and Asia
- Favourite city? Barcelona
- List your five favourite TV programmes. The Wire, The Expanse, Babylon 5,
- List your five favourite films. The Nightmare before Christmas, Seven Samurai, The Abyss, Fight Club, Magnolia
- Are you wealthy? No, but not struggling either
- Do you work? If so, as what? I'm at the center of a small startup making high tech satellite comms components.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Don't think that's truly relevant, wanting to continue to learn is the important thing - I'm always studying
- What do you like most about yourself? being able to take on a problem knowing I can solve it.
- What do you like least about yourself? difficulty with self confidence in social situations

Surprising amount of sharing going on here, so I'll try to do my bit:
I was diagnosed in following a routine check-up in June of 2023 - but not clear whether Type 1 or 2 - I didn't fall easily into either camp, no family history but also in good shape, but I did have evidence of weight loss, excess urination, and drinking, so I can't argue with being put on medication as a type 1.
After about 6 months, 5 of which with increasing doses of insulin, the support team decided that the evidence pointed more at type 2, and I switched to Metformin.

And started again from scratch to try to better understand type 2 having spent the entire time so far concentrating exclusively on controlling blood sugar.

And was immediately horrified, even having spent half a year dealing with coming to terms with things.
I have a plan of action for my own condition, and I`ve really joined this forum to try to find a group in a comparable situation, and to further my own understanding. My powerful sense is that I've rapidly developed insulin resistance through a bone headed misunderstanding of how dangerous fructose is, thinking I had a well-controlled diet, with a consequence free treat in the form of honey. I think I've basically turned my liver into Foie Gras, which has rapidly overwhelmed my pancreas, and led to a diagnosis of type? diabetes, and then the treatment has (with all good intent) caused a stone of weight to go on and established the diagnosis but done nothing for my future health. I really, really don't want to come across as invalidating anyone else's situation, but my plan is to reverse this with ultra-low sugar diet and alternate day fasting.

I'm still using a CGM (from the type-1 diagnosis) so being careful but not had a chance to clear this plan with my GP. So, I'm really hoping to use this forum to meet any one in similar circumstances or with similar experience particularly with fatty liver and using intermittent fasting to reverse that.

If you've read all this, thanks for taking the time...
Chris

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm still using a CGM (from the type-1 diagnosis) so being careful but not had a chance to clear this plan with my GP. So, I'm really hoping to use this forum to meet any one in similar circumstances or with similar experience particularly with fatty liver and using intermittent fasting to reverse that.
Sounds like you're looking for @JoKalsbeek , but better to start a new thread with the last part of your post (and tag Jo) than keeping the conversation in this thread where people introduce themselves. ;)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Include a photo here if you wish to. Just not a good idea these days -
- What is your name? Chris
- How old are you? 53
- Which country are you from? Britain
- Which city/area do you live in? North Yorkshire, but originally from East Fife
- Are you religious? I believe in the need for spirituality, but that any attempt to codify that is flawed.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Not Going To
- Do you have any pets? yes - two fantastic cats.
- Microsoft or Apple? Wrong choice, you use services and you use hardware - choose what's best for you.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Some time in Jui Jitsu, kayaking, and currently paddleboarding, even in winter
- Do you get angry easily? Not usually.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Nope
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Crowded House, Pink Floyd, The The, Talk Talk, Talking Heads
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Rock with emotional engagement
- What is your favourite flag? White rose of Yorkshire
- Ever gone camping? many times a year
- Ever been in love? Many times - and still very much in love
- Ever used fake tan? never
- Which countries have you visited? too many to list - grew up all over Africa and Asia
- Favourite city? Barcelona
- List your five favourite TV programmes. The Wire, The Expanse, Babylon 5,
- List your five favourite films. The Nightmare before Christmas, Seven Samurai, The Abyss, Fight Club, Magnolia
- Are you wealthy? No, but not struggling either
- Do you work? If so, as what? I'm at the center of a small startup making high tech satellite comms components.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Don't think that's truly relevant, wanting to continue to learn is the important thing - I'm always studying
- What do you like most about yourself? being able to take on a problem knowing I can solve it.
- What do you like least about yourself? difficulty with self confidence in social situations

Surprising amount of sharing going on here, so I'll try to do my bit:
I was diagnosed in following a routine check-up in June of 2023 - but not clear whether Type 1 or 2 - I didn't fall easily into either camp, no family history but also in good shape, but I did have evidence of weight loss, excess urination, and drinking, so I can't argue with being put on medication as a type 1.
After about 6 months, 5 of which with increasing doses of insulin, the support team decided that the evidence pointed more at type 2, and I switched to Metformin.

And started again from scratch to try to better understand type 2 having spent the entire time so far concentrating exclusively on controlling blood sugar.

And was immediately horrified, even having spent half a year dealing with coming to terms with things.
I have a plan of action for my own condition, and I`ve really joined this forum to try to find a group in a comparable situation, and to further my own understanding. My powerful sense is that I've rapidly developed insulin resistance through a bone headed misunderstanding of how dangerous fructose is, thinking I had a well-controlled diet, with a consequence free treat in the form of honey. I think I've basically turned my liver into Foie Gras, which has rapidly overwhelmed my pancreas, and led to a diagnosis of type? diabetes, and then the treatment has (with all good intent) caused a stone of weight to go on and established the diagnosis but done nothing for my future health. I really, really don't want to come across as invalidating anyone else's situation, but my plan is to reverse this with ultra-low sugar diet and alternate day fasting.

If you've read all this, thanks for taking the time...
Chris
Hi Chris,

Sheesh, you've dealt with quite a bit, but you sound like you're ready to take this on. Okay, so... The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is, as Dr. Google likely informed you by now, part of Metabolic Syndrome, and yes, blood sugar control should help with that, and practically all other components of that condition. Mind you, most specialists, and I am assuming that would then go for a GP too, believe there is nothing to be done about NAFLD. Case in point, the specialist told me that he'd see me again when I needed pain management for palliative care. According to that guy I had a date with a casket 6 years or so ago. It's low carbing that mended my liver and its function within a matter of months, though I took it slower than you intend to. Keep in mind that changing blood glucose rapidly can have its own drawbacks. I don't know whether alternate day fasting works for you, I don't know what you consider ultra-low sugar... But you have options, and some are more sustainable in the long run than others. Just keep in the back of your mind that your GP might not sign off on any of it, due to out-dated knowledge. Okay?

So, the "ultra low sugars", how many grams are we talking per day? Because you know it's not just sugars, practically all carbs turn to glucose once ingested. If it's 20 grams of carbs per day or under, you're going for a ketogenic diet, aka "keto", which would work. Lower than that, you'd be talking a carnivore diet, (only meat, poultry, fish, eggs and full fat dairy) which has its own risks. It works, oh boy, does it ever, but you have to get everything exactly right not to become deficient in certain rather vital vitamins and minerals. (And in my case, it made my urine so acidic my right kidney is a gravel pit full of stones). Scurvy is not a thing of the past. So if you want to make sure you still get plenty of what you need, keep to a keto diet and hug those above ground veg as well.

As for fasting, some find it easier to just go for intermittent fasting, meaning possibly OMAD, (One Meal a Day), or having two. I usually break my fast around 1 p.m. for my breakfast/lunch, and start fasting again after dinner, around 6:30. That works just fine for me, two filling, nutricious meals, and possibly could for you too. If you want to fast more rigorously, by all means, do, but know it's not the only way to do this.

https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might help some with a ketogenic diet, as well as dietdoctor.com (no need to sign up, plenty of info on there available for free). Should you want to know more about a carnivore diet, check the youtube channel by Dr. Ken Berry. He's a rather enthusiastic and knowledgable Carnivore.

Keep in mind that it's likely insulin resistance that led to NAFLD in the first place. It's a bit of a domino-effect, insulin resistance causes a fatty liver, that in turn doesn't make a pancreas happy, hello T2. Tackling the carbs should make a massive, massive difference. You've got this.

Good luck!
Jo