Is it legal to urinate in public if you're diabetic?

Anonymous Question

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Anonymous question submitted:

Is it true, if you have diabetes you can urinate anywhere in a public place due to your condition and cannot find a toilet eg. in the street? My fellow diabetic friend says he was passed by a police officer and was asked what he was doing (going for a relief break in a London street,) and was excused as he explained that he had diabetes. Not too sure about that one, or whether this is true?

To submit a question, please go to http://www.diabetes.co.uk/ask-an-anonym ... stion.html

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I doubt it very much that diabetes would be an excuse for urinating in a public place, if it were true then there's quite a few medical conditions that could evade prosecution.

hallii

It is against the law, anyway there are a raft of other charges that could be brought such as indecent exposure, outraging public decency and so on. It also contravenes local Public Health regulations.

A Police Officer may excercise discretion before bringing a charge, but that is entirely up to his or her judgement.

You can urinate in a field or hedgerow that does not form part of the highway, and coachmen may urinate up the nearside of the coach wheel!

It is a dirty, unpleasant and anti-social habit, to urinate in a busy city street should always result in a prosecution, there are other places where it is still illegal but might be considered less offensive such as a beach, or cliff top footpath etc.

I sometimes suffer from an "over active" bowel, does that mean I can poo in the street? I think that if you eat enough "beef" burgers you might be able to apply for a licence :roll:

H

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
allowances should be made for the elderly and those with medical complaints - but otherwise, the practice should never be condoned.

"It's always anti-social,"

If your driving and become desperate which law do you break, "dangerous driving" or "anti social behavior" (brings back my time when on M25 during traffic jam, what a relief that was).

I also think it was sad that the media took the p**s out of Paula Ratcliffe.

Roy. :)