Type 2 Is the diabetic friendly? From my nurse

MimT

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I only have pre-diabetes, but I wouldn't cope with that diet. I do like to keep some carbs in my diet - usually up to around 70 to 90 g. I get complex carbs from lentil soup a few times a week, which takes daily carbs up to around 110 or 120 g but doesn't spike blood glucose. I also get carbs from smaller servings of carrots and sweet potato (not larger portions) and other lower GI vegetables etc. Sometimes green peas but not as often as I did before diagnosis. I'll often have one slice of wholemeal toast for breakfast (with vegemite or sardines and chia seeds, or eggs). My body can't handle two slices in the one meal in the morning, nor can it handle breakfast cereal including non-sugary cereal.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She’s a nurse who deals with pancreatitis which I have her aim is to lower my triglycerides. So I cant be on a high fat diet. I also can’t eat that carbohydrates I’m actually struggling to find an eating plan that’s suitable.
Hi @Nodemus .

Another one curious about the trigs viewpoint.

I got DX'd in 2018, and from just nodding to the doctors when they spoke, I got very interested in what they were saying.

I not only began taking my blood works seriously, I back tracked each one I'd had for over 8 years ,

Seems my trigs were running high from 2010 to DX..at 6.+

From DX to circa 8 months in mid 2019, they hit 1.2..

All on a lchf diet...aiming at 50-60 carbs per day, and upping my exercise.
(And I lost around 3-4 stone
17st to around 13st.)

No idea about pancreatitis, and I couldn't really say if lchf would be good for a sufferer.

Al I can say is it lowered my trigs from a high level.
Was it the diet or the weight loss that reduced it so radically in such a short time.?

No idea,
But i just thought I'd throw in my tuppence worth on the "low carbing helped me", side.

Good luck researching a way the truly does help you.

Sadly for those who advise us, some can be addicted to the dogma of what they saying, regardless of the proof, it's not been very successful, as in the Eatwell plate v lchf for T2D.

I think a phrase I heard long ago fits many in healthcare too snugly for my liking.

"For those who believe, NO proof required.
For those who don't believe NO proof would be enough"

My eyes went from being shut tight at DX to wide open now.

Best wishes