IT CAN BE ACHIEVED

Jayson_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello guys, I was diagnosed T2 diabetic last December 2016. Its March, believe me ITS ACHIEVABLE. When I was diagnosed my BS was between 15-16.4. After a week it was HI, then lower a bit to 22-23. So, I decided to do something about my BS. I'm believer so I prayed to God what will I do to normalize my BS. I was told to find out what will I get help from this website. I started changing my diet to totally 100% vegetarian. I stopped eating white rice. Amazingly, I got what I want, my sugar level was became normal since the beginning of March 2017.
Is there anyone needs an advice how I did this? Please do not hesitate to ask me and I am willing to help you.

*Edited by a moderator to remove email address.

Last edited:

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. I think most type 2 diabetes people will dramatically reduce their high blood sugars by going on a low carb diet.

Reactions: Prem51 and KezG

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
congratulations on your achievement @Jayson_ but are you really claiming to be a world authority on Diabetes reversal with just a few weeks personal experience?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Well done on taking control of your diabetes by reducing starchy carbs.

Nice to hear that God is recommending this website. My diabetes nurse doesn't even do this! :nurse::dead:

Keep up the good work :)

Jayson_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done. I think most type 2 diabetes people will dramatically reduce their high blood sugars by going on a low carb diet.
I believe it is, because when I totally changed my diet of eating low carb, my blood sugar level dramatically goes down to normal count.

Reactions: Prem51
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I believe it is, because when I totally changed my diet of eating low carb, my blood sugar level dramatically goes down to normal count.
That's great. The trick is staying in the normal level for the rest of your life :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Jayson, I wouldn't challenge that eating fewer carbs will have an impact on blood sugars, but it is work bearing in mind that not all T2 are as fortunate enough to be able to reduce their blood numbers to normal. Unfortunately some will have other issues making that impossible, and some people become diabetic due to a longer term use of certain types of medication.

I think it's important that we each make the best choices we can for ourselves and our diabetes, but sadly, it's not always as easy as it first seems.

Well done on getting those numbers down. Keeping the numbers down can be done, but for most folks that does involved maintaining the lifestyle changes they have made to get to that positive place.

Good luck with it all.

Reactions: Prem51 and KezG

Jayson_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Jayson, I wouldn't challenge that eating fewer carbs will have an impact on blood sugars, but it is work bearing in mind that not all T2 are as fortunate enough to be able to reduce their blood numbers to normal. Unfortunately some will have other issues making that impossible, and some people become diabetic due to a longer term use of certain types of medication.

I think it's important that we each make the best choices we can for ourselves and our diabetes, but sadly, it's not always as easy as it first seems.

Well done on getting those numbers down. Keeping the numbers down can be done, but for most folks that does involved maintaining the lifestyle changes they have made to get to that positive place.

Good luck with it all.
I didn't challenge your opinion either. What I was shared here was based on what I did when I was diagnosed diabetic last December 2016. In my case, I combined prayer and 100% diet, no meat, no fizzy drinks and all kinds of foods that contains sugar.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I can not say that I am. what I'm sharing here is my personal experience of what I did to normalize my BS.
Feel free to share with newees. Your story is inspirational. It is a lifelong attempt so if you can keep this achievement longterm, that is the true cure!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't challenge your opinion either. What I was shared here was based on what I did when I was diagnosed diabetic last December 2016. In my case, I combined prayer and 100% diet, no meat, no fizzy drinks and all kinds of foods that contains sugar.

Jayson, my post was both trying to ensure that you realise that not everyone can do as you feel you have, and also to ensure there is balance to the thread.

Sadly, from time to time we have new folks arrive who read threads such as yours, who then go onto discover that they, for whatever reason, just can't do it, and feel very much aggrieved by their lot.

I too have been extremely fortunate with my own outcome, but one thing I will say here, and which I say to everyone who appears to have backed themselves over whatever metric they are using to gauge their own progress to remission/reversal/cure (choose your own descriptor) is that getting back over that line is just the beginning of the journey. Staying there is potentially a lifetime maintenance regime which some find easier than others.

Sadly, all too regularly, people arrive, herald their success and go off to enjoy their lives again (which is their absolute right of choice), but then we find them entering through the revolving door, needing to find their focus again, in the face of weight gain, poorer blood glucose readings, or whatever. The most dangerous mindset, purely in my view, is the one where the individual declares themselves fixed forever.

My aim is to be fixed forever, but it is only at the end of my life that I'll know how well I've done in achieving that goal.

Good luck with it all.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done on reducing your HbA1c @Jayson_ ! I have reduced mine too, but don't think I could go entirely vegetarian, though I eat less red meat than I used to.

Reactions: PreDiet

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition
W

Wow you must be very special. A close friend of mine is in a wheelchair for life after a motorcycle accident. No amount of prayer helped him.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
W

Wow you must be very special. A close friend of mine is in a wheelchair for life after a motorcycle accident. No amount of prayer helped him.
We're sorry to hear that @psignathus . :( I'm sure people send their best wishes for a realistic recovery for him. Some things aren't as easy as putting diabetes in remission. I see myself fortunate. Yes, things could be worse!

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition
We're sorry to hear that @psignathus . :( I'm sure people send their best wishes for a realistic recovery for him. Some things aren't as easy as putting diabetes in remission. I see myself fortunate. Yes, things could be worse!

Thank you although it was a very long time ago. I really posted that to highlight my frustration at people posting prayer as a cure for the ailments of mankind. The implication being that if you are ill then your not praying hard enough. i'm sure if prayer cured diabetes then we'd be all over it. I'm trying to be polite so as not to offend people but the whole god thing in this educated society? really?

Jayson_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello guys, do you know this vege...... bitter gourd or bitter melon in other countries. I include this ampalaya or bitter gourd to my vege salad, it helps to maintain the sugar level in my blood. Please do google this vege and you will find how it could to normalize your blood sugar level.

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I take the capsules , Swanson 500mg , x2 a day, as I tried the actual gourd and found it difficult to stomach . ( Although there was a good curry recipe I tried and it was good) .

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Feel free to share with newees. Your story is inspirational. It is a lifelong attempt so if you can keep this achievement longterm, that is the true cure!
Hi Hun! I was trying to hit the like button but funny came up!!!
So here's a like and a thumbs up to your post!!!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can not say that I am. what I'm sharing here is my personal experience of what I did to normalize my BS.
Why did you decide vegetarian and not eating protein rather than just going low carb? Where are you getting your protein from now?

Just curious.