It's my 7th year of being diabetic

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I don't think anybody likes it at all ! Welcome to the forums. My experience has been that when things are good testing and injecting are just routine. It's when you develop an infection, or something else throws things out of whack that things are much more of a problem. What's your experience been ?

Reactions: JohnEGreen

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I completely understand that feeling @Julia is a type 1diabetic.
I recently had my diaversary and whilst it is sad I guess, it's also worthy of celebration, you've managed seven whole years of this! Seven years of blood tests and injections and hypos and hypers and all the other rubbish stuff that comes with diabetes and you're still here fighting :D

• Agree
Reactions: Pura Vida

letsgo182

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Julia, I just beat year 1 as a type 1. Not having fun but on the bright side I lost some weight and now do exercise regularly. I’m determined to live a long life and be as healthy as possible, I hope you are too!

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
42 years in here and still have a positive mental attitude , have some bad days but manage to get things done without a problem I suppose having diabetes as long as I have its just become normal to test inject eat etc, I’ve had quite a few complications but just have to get on with it life is for living not sitting around moping as my mum says , 41 years and the first 10 there were no blood testing unless you went to hospital and I’m still here enjoying life , with the development and treatment of diabetes these days a long and active life is definitely achievable

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I don't think anybody likes it at all ! Welcome to the forums. My experience has been that when things are good testing and injecting are just routine. It's when you develop an infection, or something else throws things out of whack that things are much more of a problem. What's your experience been ?
I have still alot to learn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I completely understand that feeling @Julia is a type 1diabetic.
I recently had my diaversary and whilst it is sad I guess, it's also worthy of celebration, you've managed seven whole years of this! Seven years of blood tests and injections and hypos and hypers and all the other rubbish stuff that comes with diabetes and you're still here fighting :D
Yes I am I'm lucky

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just remember we are not all identical in any way. What works for some won't work for everybody. It's helpful to read about other people's experiences and we all pick up new ideas on occasion, so it's worth the time to just browse sometimes. There is usually someone around to make helpful suggestions. After 58 years, I'm still learning too.

• Agree
Reactions: Pura Vida