keep well clinic

ronnie794

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
hi all
today had an appointment with practise nurse, for a keep well clinic, aim is to make you aware of your health and what you can do to improve it i took along test result for hbac1 test which i had done myself, it came back at 42
now i have been reading WHO guidelines are that anyone who between 42 - 47 should be classed as high risk and advised about
diet exercise lose weight. well she just looked at the paper and said fine your not diabetic. i said well i dont think so either but i dont think my results are not normal either.so she then went on to tell me that my last hbac1 test came back at 40 i did,ent even know i,d had 1.so we ran through the rest of the questions alcohol dont drink , tobacco dont smoke . what sort of diet i have she was quite impressed . and she asked more questions about the results i was getting.i then told her about an episode that happened about 2weeks ago i had eaten breakfast of 30grams porridge tea waited 2hrs tested and was at 6.6 i then went on the treadmill
which i usually do for 1hr, but after 20 mins i had to stop i was shaking sweating felt so hungry. tested it was 3.7. i had 2 small bananas , was still hungry had 2 oatcakes, still hungry another 2 oatcakes, bottle water. after 20mins a felt slightly better but far from right did a test . 10.3 did another 40min later it was18.2 . i felt then she was begining to listen to me and took a blood said she,ll check thyroid,sugar, she said that in the past i would have been tested at the hospital probably an ogtt,but thats not done now, the way it,s done is fasting result of 7 diabetic.random test over 11 diabetic. i said that i found that the. reading was always high at bedtime last night 10 .1 at 3/12 hours after food.she said that it sounds as though i could be insulin intolerant.,and that if my diet was,ent so good my readings might be a lot higher. i was given a diet sheet for a low fat diet,but i wont be using it i can only say thank you to everyone on this forum for all the help, support ,information i,ve been given because
i know without a doubt the i would have accepted what the nurse, doctor told me. and in the future would have been fully diabetic so armed with all the knowledge from yourselves i have a better chance to take control . THANK YOU ALL