Leg ulcers

larky10

Hi all, I'm 43 and have had T1 for 40 years and now I have a lot of complications to go with it. I have severe depression so having these ulcers is not helping. I went to the walk-in Centre and the doctor just gave me antibiotics and told me to see my own GP. I'm scared what may happen if I leave it and on the other hand I could give a rats ass.
80b12035c09ebd66eac2e367ede44c7c.jpg

What does everybody else think I should do.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Go to your DSN. Keep your levels as much in range as possible.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Get good control over your blood sugars and see your GP as soon as possible. Your future health is at stake.

shojwqy

Hi all, I'm 43 and have had T1 for 40 years and now I have a lot of complications to go with it. I have severe depression so having these ulcers is not helping. I went to the walk-in Centre and the doctor just gave me antibiotics and told me to see my own GP. I'm scared what may happen if I leave it and on the other hand I could give a rats ass.
80b12035c09ebd66eac2e367ede44c7c.jpg

What does everybody else think I should do.
Hi, how are your legs doing? in the photo they don't look horrible. Not oozing slough or deep ulcers. Aloe vera gel can help if they are still like in the photo. If they have worsened, or.if there are open exuding sores, you could use Flaminal hydrogel or flaminal forte if they are really oozing and open sores. Use aloe vera if they are like in the photo it's for inflammation and is antimicrobial. I hope you have found a way to cope also with depression. That is a worse illness than leg ulcers imho. Hugs

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@larky10 Hello and welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear about your current medical problems. I hope you will follow the advice you have been given at the walk-in centre and make an urgent appointment with your GP. My mother suffered with leg ulcers and I really felt for her . They need treating while they are at their early stages.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
@mo53 and @shojway

While you are of course welcome to post on any thread I should point out that the original poster @larky10 posted about this 5 years ago and hasn't made any posts since. Hopefully they are OK but I wouldn't necessarily expect to get a reply to either of your posts.

I expect others looking to find out about leg ulcers will find your posts useful though. :)

And @shojwqy as that was your first post, let me take the opportunity to welcome you to the forums. :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@EllieM thank you. I saw this in recent posts and read and contributed. I didn’t think to look at the date of the original post. Thank you for pointing this out.

jasonchapman1

@mo53 and @shojway

While you are of course welcome to post on any thread I should point out that the original poster @larky10 posted about this 5 years ago and hasn't made any posts since. Hopefully they are OK but I wouldn't necessarily expect to get a reply to either of your posts.

I expect others looking to find out about leg ulcers will find your posts useful though. :)

And @shojwqy as that was your first post, let me take the opportunity to welcome you to the forums. :)

I have a leg blister that is now open and has been for a week. I have tried different dressings but its not healing and is quite painful. What advice is there for this ?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a leg blister that is now open and has been for a week. I have tried different dressings but its not healing and is quite painful. What advice is there for this ?
Doctors, ASAP. They might book you in with a nurse, rather than a doctor, but that needs looking at.