Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Hello everyone. I am just curious as to how many of you guys have a long term complication because of your Diabetes? E.g,
I used to have High Blood Pressure but that seems to have sorted itself out, I have High Cholesterol and PCO (Polycystic Ovaries but not Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). If you have any of these complications, how have you dealt with it and how did it effect you, or did you have any complications but they got better with medication or surgery and have been cleared up.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 I don't have any complications but I do have PCOS - I don't consider PCOS a complication of diabetes but the other way round - I have diabetes because of the PCOS. As to dealing with it I had miscarriages and never managed to have children born to me - but I have a wonderful son whom we adopted - he has his own issues as he has autism but he is a gift - I'm pretty much a get on with type of person so to be honest I don't know how I dealt with it - I just did

Reactions: leong

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I am type 2
I Don, t have any of those, I did use to have high blood pressure but it's all normal now
Also cholestral is normal now

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
I'm T2 I don't have any complications but I do have PCOS - I don't consider PCOS a complication of diabetes but the other way round - I have diabetes because of the PCOS. As to dealing with it I had miscarriages and never managed to have children born to me - but I have a wonderful son whom we adopted - he has his own issues as he has autism but he is a gift - I'm pretty much a get on with type of person so to be honest I don't know how I dealt with it - I just did

What you said about the fact you have diabetes because of the PCOS, makes sense, I have diabetes because of some vaccinations I had when I was younger, making my immune system very low. I may have gotten diabetes later on in life but becoming unwell and having those vaccinations made it come out sooner, if that makes sense? I am sorry to hear that you have had miscarriages in the past, but it is wonderful that you have adopted, my mum was adopted! In a way it is kind of a good thing that you where able to just deal with things and for it to not effect you! You sound like a very strong women!!! Thank you for your comment!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Coeliac and high cholesterol are not diabetes complications.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Exactly.

I have T2 probably because I have had PCOS since puberty, and another condition (Prolactinoma) which has mucked up my hormones, so the hormone situation is pretty much a free-for-all. And insulin is a hormone. :) Also have a couple of autoimmune things, and I am still not clear how much of T2 is related to autoimmune issues.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am T2 and have neuropathy, retinopathy and reduced kidney function and I think I may have Alzheimer's but can't remember.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm T2, and no complications.

I have a poor memory for things I don't like, but that may be normal with age, or it may be that everytime I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.
Or I have Alzheimer's.

Either way, I'm learning something new every day, so as long as I remember my credit card pin number to pay for it, I'm good.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have pcos treated by metformin, when off metformin diabetes harder to control.
Acute high blood pressure but on 3 tablets to keep it in control.
I am being investigated for heart problems but looks like I have mild heart disease.
Excelent cholesterol due to thyroid problem. Apparently related.
Obese and difficulty losing weight due to underactive thyroid. Which may be an autoimmune disease too!
Having bloods retested a lot lately due to fast heart rate and irregular blood results. Even on a beta blocker.