Loosing to much weight

shosh69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym
I'm at the moment having a constant battle with my family about how much weight I have lost in over 5 months.
I'm T2 on diet control only after stopping my medication 3 months ago as I was so determined I could do this without meds and for me it was the right thing to do, I have lost 2 stone although I wasn't that much over weight to begin with my sugar levels are in brilliant control and never felt better I'm active walking to and from work and always on the go, my problem is my family don't seem to understand why I've cut out carbs and loosing so much weight I'm on the lchf I am eating healthy fat I love my food just wondering will there be at some point where I will just stop loosing it as I don't want to get any thinner and stop my family worrying.
Thanks

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you need to eat more nuts. or a few eggs more in a day to stabilize weight... and by the way you need to change the writing under your Avatar as it says type 1 when you say you are in fact type 2..
the condition in the two are so very different that it can be dangerous to give the same advice to a type 1 as to a type 2 diabetic

Voodoorising

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Shosh69

I have had a similar experience was diagnosed September 16 with type2. My nurse put me on 2 500g metformin one morning with breakfast one with evening meal. I have been doing the LCHF diet and have lost 3 stone and I am now 11 1/2 stone. I feel great and family friends and work colleagues say I look allot better than I did. But like you my family and G/F worry I have lost to much to quickly. I think my weight has stabilized now as it fluctuates a few lbs each week. I think you will find it will find a happy level and do the same.

shosh69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for pointing out the mistake I am T2 will fix it asap. I do eat a lot of eggs have just started eating nuts as I have never been a fan of them. Glad your weight has stablilzed voodoorising and your reply has made me feel a lot better hopefully my weight will stabilize in time it's worrying when family are saying I look ill I get so frustrated trying to explain about carbs and how they are not good for diabetics when trying to keep your sugar levels low and in range. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't be where I am now feel so alone sometimes when no one understands. Thanks for putting my mind at ease