Low carb feeling full

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Following years of thinking I’m quite good , I’ve recently (Saturday) started to seriously attempt my version of low carb - my low being less than 75 g. My question is, is it usual to feel full for much longer as I’ve not really wanted to eat in between main meals I have tried to have meal and a dessert ( sugar free jelly with greek yoghurt or cream ) I’ve been so full after eating . Is it normal ?

Reactions: serenity648

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Following years of thinking I’m quite good , I’ve recently (Saturday) started to seriously attempt my version of low carb - my low being less than 75 g. My question is, is it usual to feel full for much longer as I’ve not really wanted to eat in between main meals I have tried to have meal and a dessert ( sugar free jelly with greek yoghurt or cream ) I’ve been so full after eating . Is it normal ?
Yes, that's the beauty of low carb!! Carbs create cravings for more carbs. Take them away and the cravings go away. Good luck!! It's an awesome way to eat

Reactions: Goacher55

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it definitely is for me. I eat far less on low carb, not intentionally, but just because I'm full and don't need to eat more.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes!!!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely yes! WE crave carbs because they are a very limited source of energy. Your body can only store a limited amount of accessible fuel from carbs; it can store the surplus as fats, but can't then use them, so we feel hungry and and have to top up all the time. Low carbing eventually forces our bodies to make chemical changes which allow us to unlock these vast long term stores of fat again, so we re-learn to run on duel fuel and can keep going for much longer without the need for constant food!

Robbity