Jacks1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
does anyone know how to make the mince pork with eggs and topped with cheese thingys that are baked in the oven please ? I used to make them and I cannot find the recipe anywhere .
Thank you if anyone knows would be great .

Reactions: Angela64

priya-dogra

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Rice is a staple in Indian food. I'm looking for some low-carb Indian food and recipes that have low-carb alternatives to rice.

Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Rice is a staple in Indian food. I'm looking for some low-carb Indian food and recipes that have low-carb alternatives to rice.
Me too. Lots of people use cauliflower rice and seem to enjoy it. It works well but not for me. Cauliflower and broccoli both really upset my stomach, so that's out. I was hoping that a pasta made with split yellow peas. now on the market, would do the job because according to websites I've seen yellow split peas are only 10% carb, so a little would be acceptable. Unfortunately the company website shows carbs at 35%. Even if that's not net carbs, it would still be too high. There are noodles on the market which are very low carb (Konjac) but, again, I can't tolerate them. They might suit you though.

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
May I suggest you watch a YouTube channel called Headbangers Kitchen? The creator is Indian and put out a lot of keto recipes. He also has a website with recipes and two recipe books which I use all the time.

priya-dogra

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
May I suggest you watch a YouTube channel called Headbangers Kitchen? The creator is Indian and put out a lot of keto recipes. He also has a website with recipes and two recipe books which I use all the time.
Thank you.

Reactions: aylalake

aris

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

You can get "rice" made from Konjac. Not quite the same flavour, but the mouth feel is OK.

The brand I get is called "barenaked" rice and you can get it from a fair few supermarkets.