Low-carb Skipton

Em16

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I am hoping to join in with the low-carb meetings in Skipton. I think you run them Kenny? I've sent a request to join the Facebook group too...but I am not good at using Facebook (!) so am not sure that it will have worked!! Just wanting to know when the next meeting is that I could come to please.

Thank you :)

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak and Antje77

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I am hoping to join in with the low-carb meetings in Skipton. I think you run them Kenny? I've sent a request to join the Facebook group too...but I am not good at using Facebook (!) so am not sure that it will have worked!! Just wanting to know when the next meeting is that I could come to please.

Thank you :)
Will tag @KennyA for you so he sees this :)

Reactions: jjraak and Antje77

Em16

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you lovinglife. ...I'm not good at using the Forum either...although I'm often online and reading the very helpful advice. I can posts questions but wouldn't know how to tag someone/contact direct etc! Em :)

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Em16 - I've replied to you more fully in a private message.

Low-Carb Skipton meetings are held on the first Monday of the month at 7pm in the Rendezvous Hotel, Skipton.

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I’m near Skipton - didn’t know these meetings existed!

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wish there was one near me, I would love this kind of meeting :)

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You could see if there enough interest to set one up?
We use a room in a hotel - the owners kindly don't charge as we're a "health" meeting, and we get on with it. Stuff we've read and learnt, ideas, recipes. Presentations, from group members and others. We have had local low-carb suppliers come along, and people who do life coaching. And you might find that those of us with established groups might be able to help a bit as well. It's also worth checking if there are any Public Health Collaboration people nearby - they can help with networking.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you know of anyone like-minded, near to you who might buddy up in the venture? Two minds being better than one/a challenge shared is a challenge halved and all that? (Insert your chosen cliche)
Unfortunately no, all my near friends are slim and healthy! :rolleyes:

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you know of anyone like-minded, near to you who might buddy up in the venture? Two minds being better than one/a challenge shared is a challenge halved and all that? (Insert your chosen cliche)
You definitely need more than one person to keep something like this going. For our small group we now have five or six people "contributing/doing something" - website, treasurer, library, that sort of thing, but it was started largely by the efforts of one person.