lows after a higher carb diet

Becg

Hi all i have been on a low carb diet for a while (i've lost 4st on it) but felt i needed a break, i joined slimming world and put on 6lb in the week! :shock:
So back to low carb today. I have had blood sugars of 4.8 (i know it's not that low) and i tend to be at around 5.3 on a normal day but i have been feeling as though my BS is dropping quickly, you know that sort of light headed spaced out feeling. Does anyone know if this is because of the change in diet? Thanks
Bec x

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hi

I dont know for certain but I do know when I switched to a low carb diet, especially in the beginning, I had the same spaced out feeling as if I wasn't in the room at times. I don't know if it because if a diet change or not though.

Becg

Thank you for your reply, i think i've found out whats happening, basically when you have a high carb meal your pancreas then predicts the amount of insulin you will need for the next meal (based on the previous meal) so it then produces too much insulin (if you are eating a low carb meal) resulting in low blood sugar readings hence the light headed feeling. At least there is a reason! And i feel much better today :D